Thursday, May 15, 2008

So much news, so little time . . .

I'm back with some news! First and foremost,

He
became an IT this week. I would guess he spent about 2 hours feeling sorry for himself and then promptly forgot all about his little appendages. Goodbye Man-Dog. Hello little fella!

Next item: My wonderful hubby thought he'd whisk us all away on a family vacation over Mother's Day (the cabin). And would you take a look at what I woke up to on that very fine day.

No joke.

I took matters into my own hands.

First, I ignored child labor laws and made one little man work to heat up the place,
and the other little man was sent out to catch our dinner,
The dog was pretending to be Batman or
Batdog or something useful like that.

So, I got quite a bit of knitting done. What you see here is my first Clapotis. It's my favorite project for the moment. Fairly brainless and loads of fun when you get to drop stitches all the way through the scarf! (Trust me, somehow this works well and it's extremely satisfying). I'm using US size 7 needles with
Araucania Ranco Multy yarn.
These socks are going to our charity knit group. Washable wool. If you'd like to knit a pair, check out the blog for this. WE NEED SOCKS!

And here is a funny little scarf I like to call my "Cindy Loo Who" scarf . . . just because. It's a pretty little pattern found HERE.
I'll leave you with some spring greens. This little sock is another sock that will head over seas to the charity of choice. These precious socks are woolly warm made with Unique Sheep Super Wool in "Spruce". I think I may have enough for two pairs of children's socks. I LOVE this sock yarn because unlike a lot of superwash hand-dyed, this one FEELS LIKE WOOL! (not too scratchy, though). It's FABULOUSLY SOFTLY WOOLINESS.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well shoot, if they can't be your slaves, what good are kids for? J/K. Looks like a great mother's day weekend!

marit said...

I'm all in favor of child labour...LOL! But snow.. Lovely dog too.
You've got some great knitting there!

knitting elephant said...

Wow! You're not kidding about how much you have to show! Love all the knits. The pup is getting huge!

Guinifer said...

LOVE Batdog! Do your kids just adore him? My Vet says Ozzie had the smallest testicles she'd ever seen. Poor Ozzie..

I have a couple pairs of socks for the drive - I just have to remember to send 'em to you.

Neuroknitter said...

"It" is so darn cute!!!

I wish we had some snow...instead we have 95 degrees in mid May! Ack!!! And I'm knitting a scarf...sheesh.

I love, love, love the sock in the ferns!!!

wildtomato said...

Oh, Leo! Don't worry about your missing man bits. It's much better this way, trust me.

Snow??? It was 95 degrees here today. We're dying! (But I'd still rather have the heat than the snow - I'm a California weather wimp!)

Anonymous said...

Your Clap is coming along beautifully!
Anytime you don't have to chop wood yourself is a good day. Take whatever measures you have to.
I love your black lab. He's too cute!

Kathleen said...

The clapotis looks beautiful! And Leo (Batdog) does look like he's ready to launch. I wish I was fishin' too...

IrishGirlieKnits said...

They should definately be working on your Mother's Day!! Snow!! Wow...look beautiful though :)

The clapotis is coming along nicely!! And your Spruce socks are perfect- I loved that yarn too!