Saturday, May 9, 2009

Girlie Socks

An FO!Sassy socks for my sassy girl. Pink and sparkles and picot - so girlie and sweet.

Specs:

Yarn: Berroco Sox Metallic (a bit scratchy)
Pattern: Leyburn Socks - heavily modified
Needles: US 1 1/2 or 2.5 mm

Modifications: (top down)
CO 58 knit a picot cuff
Used the Leyburn pattern across the front of the sock and did a k2, p2 on the back of the sock so that it will fit a child for a longer time (a bit of stretch for room to grow). The beautiful stitch on the front is actually quite easy and it is so pretty! I absolutely LOVE this pattern.

12 comments:

livnletlrn said...

ooh, sweet! Leah made a neckwarmer in that stitch pattern -- http://livnletlrn.blogspot.com/search?q=faberge . Once she got the hang of it, she really liked it.

Neuroknitter said...

Those socks are lovely!! Nothing beats sparkles and a picot...not even chocolate!! :)

Happy Mother's Day!! :)

Guinifer said...

Those socks are beautifully made! Nicely done!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful socks! I love sparkly socks! Love that stitch, although I don't know how to do it. Hmm. I need to find out!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Goodness! Those are absolutely adorable! Great job!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

How wonderfully pretty and girlie!

Senja said...

Oh now I really have to try that pattern out! Love them and I bet your girlie does too.

tiennie said...

So very pretty!!!

marit said...

Love the socks! It was a good idea to keep the back in ribbing. I'll keep that in mind...

Leslie said...

Those are the perfect girlie socks!

wildtomato said...

Lucky sassy! Those socks turned out fantastic. Looking at your sock photos is helping me get my long, lost sock mojo back.

Regarding the Addis, if I used any needles longer than 12" circs, I'd have to use at least 2 circular needles (or magic loop with a longer needle - I hate ML), or use DPNs. Eventually, when I do the heel and decrease for the toe, I'll have to use a different method. I'm only on my first cup of coffee and today feels like a Monday, so if this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try again! :)

"Vis de Copil" (A Child's Dream) said...

Thanks so much for your concern for claudiu, he and his family are so desperate just now, they need your prayers. Love katy