The kids made this chilly fella a few weeks ago.
I went outside to take a picture, but he had entirely vanished. You see, it's hot. I mean, 70 degrees hot. Not your average 35 degree March thaw.
Strange weather does strange things to people, so between stints of crocheting my rainbow-colored slash handled bag . . .
and throwing the ball for ol' whats-her-name . . .
I made this for my dad's birthday. Straight out of the 1970's church potluck experience. The original may have had some marshmallows in it, too, but I thought this was pretty enough as it was.
So here is what to do:
- Buy 6 small boxes of jello in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple and a large container of sour cream.
- Dust off your bundt pan.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water into the first color and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Pour just over 1/2 cup into a bundt pan and chill outside (if you're cold enough) or the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons (or a nice big glob) into the remaining jello and whisk until it smooths out all the little chunks.
- After the first layer has set for 15 minutes, GENTLY spoon the creamy layer on and set it in the fridge for another 15 and start the next color.