Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ice Time

Remember when I got those contact lenses for the first time in my life. . . hmmmm . . . back in October, I think.  Getting them in has been a trial.  I managed to get them in myself two days in a row over Christmas.  Tenacious vanity won over easy practicality.  But now I keep losing my glasses.  So this morning, I tried to get them in without glasses and it's the blind leading the blind only it's just me and myself because I got a little cranky with Mr. and he left for work and so it's just me and my blurry fingertips and somewhere on there, an invisible contact lens.

Anyway, found my glasses, so it's back to easy practicality.  It's a million degrees below zero here in the tundra they call Minnesota.  However, it's never too cold for our state pastime.

Last year, the lakes were frozen and there was no snow, so it was like having the world's largest rink.  This year, we had (ok, my brother-in-law) to shovel a little rectangle to fit the family and someone got a little crazy and shoveled a path along the lake.







Even our dogs play hockey.  True story.



Merry Christmas (a day late and a cup of coffee too short) to all of you and happy holidays to the rest.
ps.  If you're wondering about my knitting, I did not finish the scarf for my niece.  Instead, she'll be getting a nice little package in the mail.  Hopefully before New Years.

3 comments:

livnletlrn said...

I may be on ice skates this evening. I think I should bring along a chair for support, like that very wise and upright child in your pic. I think that is a brilliant idea.

Caroline said...

Looks like fun...especially looking at your pics from the comfort of my couch in my 68 degree living room.

I enjoyed your post about your Icelandic meal. It reminded me of our Danish one a bit. We have sweet and sour cabbage too (rødkål). I buy pickled herring every year from a Danish market in a little, Danish tourist trap near up, Solvang, and I'm the only one who eats it. And I only eat it because we had it when I was a kid and I'm nostalgic. It's a little gross to me, actually.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

This looks like so much fun!