Tuesday, March 22, 2011

There. That's better.

Color.  I had to update the old blog to reflect my yearning for spring.  But winter hangs on and the reality is just outside my window.  Here, have a look.

 So what's a gal to do.  How about buying herself a hum-dinger of a coat with flowers the color of ripe summer raspberries.  Here's a shot of me getting the mail in my happy spring coat.  Ignore the winter cap.

Don't you just love it!  And speaking of spring, I tossed my sweater aside to cast on for a pair of socks for Lunker who is a gigantic 12 year old who is often mistaken for Big Foot.  He wears the same size shoe as his old man.  Anyway, it's another pair using Knit Picks Felice self-striping sport.  The colorway is "Ecology" but going with the size of this kid's feet, I'm calling it "Swamp Thing".  The colors are mud and spring greens.  Perfect.


Alas, the guilt over my unfortunately-colored sweater was nagging at me from its little bag in the corner.  I'm onto the sleeves, so that should be somewhat motivating, right?  Well, yes.  And it is an interesting construction.  What you see is a little eye-cord moving onto the sleeve which is increased quickly at the cuff to full width.  Hmmm.  I like it.

4 comments:

wildtomato said...

Oy, I have a resident Big Foot, too. Muchos sympathy.

livnletlrn said...

LOVE that coat!

Neuroknitter said...

lovelovelove the new blog layout!! So springy and happy!!!

The spring coat is awesome...and look at those toe-up socks!! :)

Happy Spring!! :):)

Guinifer said...

I really love the Creamsicle sweater!