Sunday, February 16, 2020

I'm back.

Hello?  Is anybody here?

Wow, this blog-space is dusty and full of cobwebs. It's been awhile.  2014 to be precise.  I should offer an explanation, probably only for myself, since by now, my followers must have finally given up and wandered off to find more bountiful blogs.

It seems I wandered off into the wilderness.  But I found my way back and here I am.  There is a warm cup of coffee and a familiar pile of yarn at my feet.  I'm going to spend some quiet time here, poking my nose into the nooks and crannies of past posts and projects.

A few years ago, I lost my mojo and my marriage.  But something told me that I needed to be patient - to sit with the pain and wade through the mud and that eventually, my inner sunshine would return.  And it has.  And with the return of that warmth has come the desire to create again.  And the the desire to take the long road, the scenic route.


Today, I walked into a new knitting store called BeWoolen.  It was a feast for the senses.  It was as if the yarn was saying, "There you are.  Where have you been?"

There was an slightly awkward moment when the very kind store owner, Angel, asked me about my knit hat and gloves and I had to confess that they were store bought.  Ugh.  You Knitters out there know just how I felt at that moment.

But no more.  From here on out, if I want a hat or a pair of mittens, you will see them flying off my Addi-Turbos once more.  No more short-cuts.  No expressway to woolen goods when I can make them myself and reap the meditative benefits of knitting and feel of pride of completing a project.

I'm still the same me, only wiser, stronger, and ready to pick up my needles once again and carry them with me for the rest of my journey.

Welcome back, Me!

No comments: