Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

A quick post:

Caught some fish.

Ate some fish.

Acted like fish.

We also picked up Puppy Leo and we're glad to have him back. More on that later.


*****************************

I joined a KAL (knit-along) called Secret of the Stole III. Essentially, a designer creates a stole and publishes sections of it spread out over a period of time. So far, we've gotten the supply list and the gauge pattern (below). August 15th is the first official clue to the mystery stole. It's my first knitted lace project and I am already addicted. Just another excuse to put off my Rivendell socks. Oh, and I started another pair of socks - I'll post that later and then there is that lopi sweater that I'm supposed to finish by closing ceremonies. What am I doing here! I have to go knit!!!



8 comments:

livnletlrn said...

ooh -- purty lace w/ beads!

Your cabin is my family's idea of heaven on earth.

Neuroknitter said...

Hi Rani!
I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog! Your photos are great! Your knitting is lovely! And your writing just keeps me coming back for more!! You put a smile into every word!

I'd like to share with you an Arte y Pico award as a way of saying, "thank you" for making the blogosphere a prettier and more joyful place to be!

Gail

Look at that beautiful lace, with beads!!! :)

Guinifer said...

Yah - no kidden! Pretty lace!

Can't to wait to hear about Leo - he remembered you, of course!

Nautical Knitter said...

The swatch looks super! 2 days and counting....

knitting elephant said...

Love the 'fish' pics! Can't wait to see the socks and the lace as it grows. How adventurous!

Heather said...

That swatch looks great, Rani! I just signed up again for the Mystery Stole, and was wondering about the Secret of the Stole. We'll have to compare projects!

:O)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Look how much fun!! Happy summer :)

Kathleen said...

Great looking swatch! Tell us all about Leo, and...KNIT, GIRL, KNIT!