Monday, August 4, 2008

This and that and more Iceland pics

First - a bit of business.

Our knitting group A Year In Socks has just posted the August challenge, so check it out. There is no obligation, just for fun. And if you're on Ravelry, (and by the way, if you're not, then you should be) you could use the Ravelympics as a good excuse to finish a pair of socks (I'll be making a sweater from that pile of yarn over there.

Also, thanks to those of you who have already sent me socks for our charitable knits!! They are so unbelievably beautiful and warm and wonderful! There is still time. Check here for more info (you can make small socks for kids). I will not be sending the sock package over seas until late September. And I just had a thought ... if you still want to donate, but don't want to knit socks, you could always donate store bought socks, like Smart Wool or
anything with REAL wool in it.

This pile of green Peruvia is going to be a fabby sweater for my oldest boy. Probably a Drive-Thru of some sort or an EZ sweater. Bought it at 40% off at Knit Wits going out of business sale.


OK, on to fun stuff - more pictures of Iceland and a quick correction. I think that waterfall in the last post was Skogafoss, not Sellfoss. Oops.

Let me just admit that I did NOT get any knitting done. My face was either pressed to the window looking at the scenery or else closing my eyes and grabbing my chest in fear as we drove through one lane tunnels and bridges and skirted shale cliffs in our teeny tiny (loved that thing) car. Or helping to cook for 20 in our tiny farm kitchen. Or exploring the town and fjord. I had such good intentions...

Here are the captions:
1. Fishing from the dock.
2.
A beautiful spot in Vik.
3. Fog rolling into fjord.
4. Oh, the scenery.
5. Our farm up the fjord.

8 comments:

wildtomato said...

Beautiful pics! You're making me want to hop on a plane!

Guinifer said...

OH MY! The scenery!

That pile of yarn is gorgeous. Still have not been by Knit Wits.

livnletlrn said...

Iceland looks amazing. I think it's moving up on our must-visit list.

knitting elephant said...

I am LOVING the photos! I never would have thought Iceland could be so beautiful... and I agree with a previous commenter that it's becoming a must-visit on my list!

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful photos!

Lorraine said...

There seems to be a green theme between us - Knit Wits wise, that is.

Again, lovely photographs. So envious! I've never been anywhere.

Senja said...

pretty pretty pics, I am jealous of all that green yarn, yum!

Heather said...

wow. so unbearably beautiful and serene! I can't wait to see your beautiful yarn as a beautiful sweater!!