Sunday, October 26, 2008

In the blink of an eye . . .

it's gone.

This morning we awoke to a howling wind. Our maples were stripped of their leaves and if you can believe it . . . it is snowing. (Fall Lovers: CLOSE YOUR EYES)

The Autumn party is over. Officially.

I went out for a few pics but I haven't knitted myself any Knucks or Fetchings yet, so my hands got too cold and I had to hurry back indoors. The wind is making a moaning noise, like it's being blown through wooden pipes. That scene above was just filled with 10, 10 year old boys playing football and wrestling off their cake and ice-cream filled bodies after an ambitious sleepover birthday party. Happy B-day, Lunker.

So it's bleak and blustery outside, but every knitter takes these opportune days to grab some wool. Or at least think about wool while cleaning up after 1o boys. Did I already mention the 10 boys?

Since I don't actually have time to knit today, (grandparents comin' for din din and, you know. 10 boys) I snapped some photos of my FAVORITE Woolgirl Sock Club yarn so far.
Yarntini merino sock, colorway: Plum Blossom

And she packed this yarn with loads of yumminess so that the yarn actually smells like Plum Blossoms. It's truly divine.

Darn it!

Remember that awesome dog I have that eats everything. See if you can guess what this is...
Does this help?
Yup. Socks that Rock. That's my dog eating it.

Instert very angry sarcastic voice here:

Isn't he cute. Yes. So. Cute.

(my mother's voice): Maybe you should keep it in a container.
me: He ate the container.

So. So. Frickin'. Cute.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Leo!! Total boy dog!

Guinifer said...

We still have a TON of leaves!

Bad boy Leo! He and Ozzie need to take behavior lessons from Kona - our good dog.

livnletlrn said...

Oh yeah, he's got you wrapped around his little finger/paw, just like all the furbabies always do. My sister's tiny dog, Squirt, http://livnletlrn.blogspot.com/search?q=squirt, ate my BIL's hearing aids once and most recently munched my nephew's orthodontic retainer. And yet everybody still wuvs him. ha!

We were in shorts at the farmers' market today and *totally* realized how lucky we were. Only a few more days like that, I think, before we're bound to see the snow flurries here too.

knitting elephant said...

Oh you're so much more forgiving than I am. :-) And adventurous, too!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous winter weather!...as long as you don't have to drive in it or shovel out the drifts yet.

I think I'd have had a stroke if I'd caught Celeste wrestling with a whole skein of sock yarn! Then the dog would have seen the snow flakes falling from close up and OUTSIDE.

Lorraine said...

GAH! Guess a combination safe for yarn storage is now on the Christmas wish list?

Wasn't Sunday a doozy?!? Bubba had her first swim meet up in Coon Rapids. Imagine leaving a hot, steamy pool to head into that wind. Brrrr!

Heather said...

BADDOG! BAD DOG!!!! Oh my!!!

:O)

Tonyia said...

My little dog recently ate most of a dead squirrel, then came in the house to vomit up the parts.

I'd rather clean that up than have him eat my yarn!

My sympathies...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Snow? We are having an indian summer right now but I know the chill is right around the corner.

Oh no! That doggie!

Anonymous said...

NAUGHTY DOGGIE!! Another day in the life of LEO!

Kathleen said...

You have an award awaiting your next visit to my blog!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Eeek!! I don't know what's worse...the snow or the doggie eating the precious STR!!!! Thank goodness you put that pretty Woolgirl yarn up there to distract me (wasn't this package the best!!!).

wildtomato said...

LOL! What a funny dog (so long as that is not my yarn).

Leslie said...

Oh, no, snow already? I can't bear to think of it. I do love that pink yarn, though.

Sonja said...

Hey Rani! I've been sharing your blog with my boyfriend, DK, since you give such a beautiful image of Minnesota. He and I loved reading your latest story, and especially love the photos! The fall colors you had were beautiful - DK really enjoyed those posts. ^^