Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mmmmmmmm. Autumn......

Wow. That's what I said when I took Leo for his walk today. The colors are unbelievable. Sugar maples and sumac defy reality - colors that can't possibly be recreated.

A bit further on our walk, I saw these fellas before the dog did. I got an ok shot of them. There were about 10 in all and they seemed fairly unconcerned that I had a bird-dog at the end of my leash.


Looking at these turkeys reminded me that I have an FO of about the same color to show off to you:

You're looking at "Patrick's Irish Hiking Scarf" knit with a soft (but machine washable and affordable) Bernat Cashmere Natural Blends - 3 skeins to be exact, on size 8 needles; in Charcoal.






So having one Christmas FO finished, I'm on to #2 - Elsa's Nest Tote in a lime green Lily Sugar'n Cream colorway called "Hot Green". The picture doesn't do justice to the color. It's much more limey. It's a new colorway!

10 comments:

Senja said...

Ohhh I like the loke of both of those knitted things! I am working my way towards Christmas gifts next. Right after I finish my shrug and my dad;s sweater and....

Tonyia said...

Gorgeous cushy cables - I can just "feel" the squeeziness of that scarf! Love the color, too!

Kathleen said...

Such gorgeous fall colors! How did Leo like the turkeys?

Guinifer said...

Not only do I envy you your scarf, I am quite jealous of your porch. I can't think of a cozier place to curl up.

My poop-eater is going Grouse hunting this weekend - I have a doggie-free weekend coming up - it's surprising how quiet it it without them.

Neuroknitter said...

"Wow" is right!!! The perfect image for your banner!! Gorgeous leaves...I'm jealous!

Our mornings have been very chilly; we even had our first frost yesterday...I wish I had a scarf like that to warm things up! Lovely!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

The leaves are wonderful - and the scarf too!

knitting elephant said...

Beautiful colors! I love fall. The scarf looks great!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Are those leaves not gorgeous?!?!?! Fall is here! Yay!!

That Hiking Scarf turned out beautifully! You are already one Christmas present ahead of me..ugh...I better get started!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and knits!

Leslie said...

Oh, those leaves are so beautiful. Ours are just beginning to show a touch of color. And the scarf is nice--I made a couple of those in almost the same color! I love that pattern