Thursday, December 4, 2008

THANK YOU SO MUCH!


I cannot tell you how grateful I am to all of you for helping me with my sweater crisis! If I had a million dollars, I'd fly us all to some ski lodge out west and treat you to a knitting weekend up in the mountains. But I don't have a million dollars. So just know that I really really appreciate how very cool you are!

So there is the sweater up there in a heap. So exciting! I took the advice to just make one more decrease on each side and then continue on with the pattern. ("Supersize Me" from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Knits for Older Kids) If all goes well, it will look like this picture from the book, except green and with a zipper:




And shhhhhh. These are going to be a gift for some tiny cold feet this winter. Another Christmas knit almost done (am I putting too much pressure on you folks?).
Any guesses as to what they are???? Hint: they were in the last Knit Picks mag.

Thanks again, my friends! I'm still here. Still checking your blogs. Just . . . well you know . . . busy.

We just discovered Deadliest Catch and we're totally addicted. Fishing runs in my husbands blood.
Watching the show reminds me of what my family's life may have been like if we had chosen to live in Iceland. I don't think I would have made a good sea-fisherman's wife. I'd be a basket-case. But my husband would have loads of woolly warm hats and sweaters, don't you think?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




Peace out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you figured out your knitting crisis...
I keep waiting for pictures of my socks... humm.

Your tree is beautiful! "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

PS: I would really miss you had you decided to live in Iceland. I am glad to have my dear friend right here!
xoxo

cksknitter said...

The color of the sweater is gorgeous! We also love Deadliest Catch. It's so great to find a show that you love and be able to catch all the reruns on cable. We discovered Deadliest Catch on a rainy vacation in Fort Lauderdale and spent hours watching. Happy Holidays!

Celtic Queen said...

Glad to hear you made it past the crisis.

Our family too is addicted to Deadliest Catch. It's one of the few shows that hubby and I can watch together agreeably. :)