Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pandora's Box


I mean it. Literally. I suppose you have all heard of this Pandora Radio thing, but I have just recently discovered it thanks to my friend Caroline. It's free. And it's so cool. And you don't have to download a thing. Here's the deal.

You type in your favorite music artist or song and they create a whole radio station based on that same sound. So if you like Little Feat - you'll hear Allman Brothers, JJ Cale, Lowell George, etc. Or if you like Justin Timberlake - they'll play him and his cronies until your heart is content! I typed in Sting and have been listening to Sting, John Mayer, Clapton etc. It's really fun! If you like old jazz and blues, type in Dizzie Gilespie - you'll have GREAT dinner music. Show-tunes, rap, whatever! It's really cool!

Anyway. I don't have any knitting to show. Next time . . . maybe. In the meantime, it's my almost-forty birthday and my husband is making me dinner and my kids are watching a move and I have a new little teeny tiny laptop by the name of MacBook Pro and I am absolutely beside myself GIDDY! So word up, peeps. I'll be back.

11 comments:

Tiff said...

Happy Birthday to the GREATEST BEST FRIEND!!

Sonja said...

Happy Birthday Rani!! I hope you had a great dinner with K and kids, and I heard the boys gave you a card? And cleaned their room?? Very nice gifts indeed. Happy Mac Book Pro day, and maybe I'll see you tomorrow. My car should be fixed so I'll be off to Bji by 6pm. ^^

Guinifer said...

Love Pandora! I'm sure the knitting is coming along!

Kathleen said...

Happy birthday!

marit said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day:-)

Leslie said...

Happy, happy birthday! Sounds like you got an awesome new toy!

Neuroknitter said...

thank you, thank you and I hope you found some yummy cherries!!

Happy, happy birthday!! :) :)

Senja said...

Happy Birthday Rani
My favorite Pandora station is Jem or Dido very soothing and earthy feeling to me.
Hope you have a great day!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Happy birthday!

Heather said...

I LOVE Pandora Radio! I listen to it all the time at work - it's so much nicer (and safer) than hooking up my iPod in my classroom (where I'm known to walk out and down the hall to make copies or visit another teacher!). Great find!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Where have I been? I have not heard of Pandora before and wow...its going to be awesome for work! Thank you!!

And happy happy happy birthday!!