Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Something I forgot to tell you.

I am still here and I am still checking out your blogs, but I have not had as much time as I'd like to keep in touch and to post.

I made this sweater a few months back for my daughter's tutor. It's the first baby sweater I ever made without a pattern! I found an old wool baby sweater that was stained beyond repair, so I knit my own version. It took only about two days. Maybe someday, I'll post the pattern if anyone is interested.
I added little wooden buttons. It was perfect!


ps. the lamb toy was a Fiber Trend pattern called A Felt Flock (206x) by Bev Galeskas

9 comments:

marit said...

Cute sweater! Just wish I had someone to knit for...!

Probably Jane said...

That's a gorgeous baby sweater - the design and yarn are a perfect match

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

It's very cute! I did the same thing for a friend this summer. I haven´t gotten around to write up the pattern yet. But I might - someday.

Leslie said...

That is so cute, and looks so warm, too! I love knitting baby sweaters; they're usually fast to make and yet the result is so adorable!

Kathleen said...

Very well done! Make yourself a big version this winter!

Senja said...

Very cute sweater! Wish I had a baby to knit for I would want the pattern if I did.

livnletlrn said...

What a sweet sweater. I'd like one in my size. Seems like the kind of thing I'd wear all the time, tossed on over a brightly colored T-shirt.

PJS said...

Another triumph!! it looks lovely and I would love to give your pattern a go sometime and I have the perfect little girl in mind.... Bring it on!!

Neuroknitter said...

What a special sweater!! Just adorable! Oh yes...a big version for yourself!! Perfect!! :)

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!