Thursday, November 12, 2009

Excuses, Excuses


I am sorry about my little absence. There was a massive candy hang-over followed by a few guilt driven work-outs that have left me fairly
immobile for a few days.

And so I took this downtime and began to deconstruct my personality flaws in general and found that on top of my lack of self control with all things chocolate and peanut-butter, I am also lazy, and I have a tendency to thrive in clutter of the worst kind.

Hence
Rani's Reconstruction '09 has begun. On top of trying to exercise - something I've never really done, I began throwing things out. I used Flyladys declutter system (it's free and simple). Grab three laundry baskets - give away, throw away, put away. Set your timer for 15 minutes and move like a bat out of hell or a woman after a Reese's Peanut-butter Cup.

How is this at all related to my knitting blog? I have some mighty fine yarn that I am getting rid of. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, a few of the skeins are some of my favorites, but I'm no longer kidding myself about knitting those into anything because my
Ravelry queue is 6 pages long and I only finish about 4-5 projects a year. Who am I kidding?

I don't want to charge anything for the yarn - you can just have it. I'll post pictures of the first few and see what kind of response I get. I probably don't want to ship to Canada or overseas, but I'm not a complete arse. So if you really want one of these skeins, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

First up:
A fabulously soft and squooshy yarn from The Unique Sheep in Tinsel Toes
colorway: Precious Metals
50/50 superwash merino/tencel
367 yds/100 g.
fingerling





Next: Opal Cotton sock yarn
It says 48% Baumwolle, 39% Schurwolle and 13% Polymid
wool/cotton blend?
colorway: 1956
100 g./412 m.





Next: Spunky Eclectic - Super Nova
Colorway: Irish Dreams
superwash sport with 10% nylon
360 yards/6 st per inch
(says sport but feels a bit thinner - I'd use a US 1-3 needle)




Next: Dashing Dachs: Fingerling Superwash Merino
Colorway: Froggin'
560 yards, 4 oz.



And guess what. I have so much more, but I wasn't sure how to do this. I'll see what kind of a response I get and go from there.

If you are interested, leave your name/e-mail in the comment section. I WON'T PUBLISH IT!!!! I'll contact you via e-mail and delete your comment for your privacy.

Happy November!!!

5 comments:

wildtomato said...

Decluttering is one of my least favorite, but most necessary chores. Good for you for tackling it head on. I somewhat subscribe to flylady's theories, mainly tackling a little bit every day and not letting junk collect in hot spots. Take care of things (mail, dishes) as you come to them so intimidating piles don't thrive. I have to admit that our sink isn't always spotless, though!

Willow said...

I've been a Flybaby for a long time. I think I was one of her first subscribers. That doesn't mean I am totally uncluttered! Not by a long shot. But my home looks so much better than it did 10 years ago. I've been talking with my 2 dds about decluttering and simple living and we always end up enthused about decluttering--love the free feeling when my home is uncluttered.

I came over here from Karoline Knits...

Willow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...

Ah yes decluttering.... one of the reasons I've been blog surfing is to avoid the dreaded task!!

Thanks for the gentle reminder about Flylady's technique.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Kind of funny to read this post after I just spent a good hour or two decluttering my yarn stash! Great minds think alike, huh?! Yay for reconstruction '09!! Its been awhile since I've checked out flylady....off I go!