Wednesday, March 10, 2010

St. Patty's Day is around the bend.

I won't pretend I'm Irish. I'm not. But I do love a McDonald's Shamrock Shake and I appreciate that, for a brief moment in March, my favorite color green is elevated to a nationally recognized status. My girlfriend didn't believe me when I told her that Chicago dyes the river green in honor of St. Patrick's Day. So here's the proof.




So I thought it would be fun to celebrate St. Patrick's Day by showing off my green knits. Geeky, but fun.

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

I had no idea it had snuck up on us already!

On a somber note - there's an obit in the Strib today of a man I've known my entire life. His mom is my mom's best friend, and has been since they were 13 years old. An Irishman who played the pipes and booked tons of Irish bands into local venues. I'll be attending his Memorial at Kieran's on Sunday. It struck me as I watched the video how sad it is that he passed right before St. Patty's.

Caroline said...

Love all of the green, but especially the socks.

Are all of your Icelandic relatives going to come live with yon now that Iceland is completely bankrupt. I shouldn't joke; it's terrible I know. Poor Iceland.