Sunday, May 15, 2011

R & R

Hoooo, boy.  I just enjoyed a much needed little breaky-poo Up North.  This was Stella's first trip in a boat, on a dock and in wolf country.  Within an hour, she pulled a leg bone of a deer up onto the porch with meat still on it (shiver me timbers), presumably from a recent wolf kill.   This morning, we heard footsteps of a large (wolf-sized) creature trot past the back of the cabin just out of our sight.  We'd best keep that puppy close or she'll become a snack for the local wolf pack.  Sends shivers down the spine, doesn't it?  Last summer, we had wolf scat right in front of the cabin.  But I never hear or see them.  Hmm.

Anyhow.  I finished my beloved Coraline!!
This is what I look like when I'm blowing off steam and trying to relax...

She is a beaut.  A tad small.  But if I can't stand the fit, I have a nice sister out west who lives in sweaters and happens to be smaller than I am.





Yeah, it still needs buttons...


Puppy Problem Solving
I also started a kit that's been in my knitting cupboard for a few years now.  It's a pattern that was written in Norwegian and translated by Arnhild Hillesland.  The pattern is called Ladies Mitts.  I figured that it's putzy enough for me that I should start them now if I want them in time for next winter.

5 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Coraline doesn't *look* too small. I bet a few good tugs while blocking could make it a perfect fit. It looks great otherwise!

Love those stranded mittens. I haven't made a pair in a while, but have lots of them saved in my Rav favorites. Such satisfying projects because they're so impressive when done, so very practical, and yet not such a big undertaking as to be overwhelming.

Linda said...

Ohhh, the sweater is beautiful! Looks great on you, too. Too small? I guess it's just how you like to wear your sweaters. Funny about the puppy and the sneaky night visitors! Hope you had a great respite!

Guinifer said...

Coraline looks gorgeous! You're making pretty good progress on that stranded knitting project as well. I also know how that puppy problem solving ends...the floor of our cabin is endlessly wet from Ozzie.

Caroline said...

I don't think it looks too small on you either. I'm thinking that the fact that everytimee I see the word "Coraline" I think it's saying, "Caroline" means that I need to knit one for myself. I'll pretend that it will look as good on me as it does on you!

I'm fascinated by wolves. My husband and I read some Barry Lopez book about them year ago, and I've been so interested ever since....not so sure I'd like them "scatting," in front of my cabin, ha, ha.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Small? What do you mean? It looks great!