Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Knitters Garden

 My garden these days is getting a bit rumbly bumbly.  The weeds are crowding around my perennials and veggies like ants to a lollipop.  The sun is scorching all but the most hardy of flowers.  See those Ox Eye Daisies starting to curl?

 The dill is starting to bend over - to tall to hold its own in this big mess of green.
Just on the other side of the rickety pickety fence, there is a nice shady place.  I spent a moment there today because I saw tiny red dots among the shade and green.
There was a decent breeze that kept these little raspberries dancing and bobbing about, which is why the picture is blurry.

Back up to my happy spot to work on my next project.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Well even with the weeds, your garden looks amazing! Beautiful colors. No doubt very enjoyable, especially while sitting on the deck with knitting or crocheting. Wild raspberries? And you have a little snack besides. Have a beautiful, peaceful week!

Erica said...

Love all those colors - the garden and the project!

wildtomato said...

Green, green, and more green - I love it! Your garden is an oasis.

Regarding beet greens, you can even eat mature beet greens so long as they are in good shape. Cook it like kale or mustard greens.