Sunday, September 23, 2012

NERD ALERT!

"Bilbo Baggins.  I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure."

Yeah.  I knit.  I watched Star Trek and thought Worf was hot.  And yeah.  I am a total Tolkien freak.   I am a suburban housewife that spends a lot of time either at work, a dance studio or on the sidelines of a football field with my knitting needles and crochet hooks hidden deep in my bag.  But even deeper - my well-worn copy of The Hobbit, by J.R. Tolkien.

LOTR* fans, behold The Hobbit trailer.

And guess what?  Peter Jackson is on board, as well as Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, and Andy Serkis as Gollum.  Due out in theaters on December 14th. 

If you can't wait that long, you can join in on Hobbit Day by having a Hobbit type feast with your buds and walking around barefoot all day.  True story.


*Lord of the Rings, man. . . keep up!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

So, my brother, who is basically brilliant, and who I idolized as a kid, adored the LOTR. I was an avid reader, but I just didn't get into Frodo et al. I read the first book, and said something like, "What's the point?" to my brother. I still remember him saying, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand."

I loved Caddie Woodlawn and Laura Ingalls Wilder and Anne of Green Gables when I was young; I had no interest in fantasy. I think I didn't need it. Now, I do, and I love LOTR although my favorite scenes are still the cozy ones, the Shire, Rivendell, etc. I'm going to start planning my Hobbit feast right now!