Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For the Love of Lace (and mini-putt)

This is how far I am on my Secret of the Stole III knit. (Hint #5 to be exact.) For those of you unfamiliar with this - it's a club of sorts - the design/pattern of this stole and doled out on a weekly basis, one section at a time. So no one but the designer knows how the finished piece will look. This is my first lace project, and having weekly objectives has kept me going.
It will be done in time for Christmas and I think it will look stunning with a black dress. It's a beautiful pattern and I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Check it out on Ravelry!
These are random pictures of our last few days. Belle, here, received a face painting kit from her
Nama and went to school today with this on her face. Not bad, huh? Considering I'm not a painter.

*****
Shameless advertising for local mini-golf:
BIG STONE
Minnetrista, MN

If you live in the Twin Cities and have not seen this place yet, you have to go. This is more than a mini-putt course; it's an amazing sculpture garden.


Your ball ends up here and travels through this polished granite slab. My monkey-children were climbing all over it and the owner/
sculptor walked over to us. I was sure he was going to tell us off for climbing on the sculpture. Instead, he laughed and marveled at how creative kids can be when they interact with his sculptures. Isn't that cool?

This is our favorite hole. I think it's hole #7. It's an upturned boat hull with colored
plexiglass in the round holes. It's like walking into a strange alien cathedral. I think I've posted about it before, but it was worth another visit.
OH, and ONE MORE THING:

If you are on
Ravelry, you have to check out the work of HarpaJ. It is stunning. I don't know how she does it. I'm very envious! You can also see her work here on her blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun few days. What a cutie you have there! Thanks for the suggested link. I always like finding new knitting blogs to look at.

Guinifer said...

I had to hide my computer screen from the boys. They'd be in lust for that mini-putt course.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Thank you for your wonderful complements!

Your stole looks very good!

My kids love min golf too.

Nautical Knitter said...

Man, what an awesome putt putt course!! Your stole is just stunning!! Love it!

kasiaiscarly said...

I wish that mini-golf was there when I lived in St Paul! Looks awesome! Anyhow, thanks for commenting on my socks on the WoolGirl blog :)