Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Autumn!

It's finally, officially Autumn. I saw it on my calendar this morning and thought about Neuroknitter who counts down the days until Fall. Luckily, I had just snapped some colorful pictures for her to post on my blog because it was such a lovely day and the colors were so pretty.
Here is some delicious yarn I got in my Seven Deadly S(p)ins club shipment. Isn't it heavenly? It reminds me of a color from Schaefer Anne that I've been searching for around the globe.

Here is the second part of that same shipment. All this yarn is meant for a wrap pattern that came with the shipment. I'm not sure if I'll make the wrap. I'm still sitting in a huge pile of lace from this years Secret of the Stole III event.

But it is very pretty. I'm not sure yet, what I'll do with it. Any suggestions?



In the meantime, here is the VERY SLOW progress on my Noro socks. I LOVE the pattern, which is a simple baby cable rib. It would work well on a man's sock. Hmmmm. Maybe a pair for my dad. . .
I went out on a limb and I'm knitting an Irish Hiking Scarf for my sister's boyfriend for Christmas . . . tempting fate here - there is a curious superstition amongst us knitters that if you knit something for a man you love the relationship will end just after you give him the knitted item. I'm hoping that since he's not technically MY boyfriend, that this doesn't count. But just in case, it's a cashmere/acrylic blend. (wink - I know my sister is reading this). Besides, it's for a boy, so I have terrible night sweats thinking about a 100% cashmere scarf being tossed into the washing machine with jeans and towels... GAH!
BUT LOOK AT IT! It's GORGEOUS! It's really fun to knit and it actually knits up fast. Lori, aren't you proud of your little cable protege (did I spell that wrong?)!
The yarn is from Michaels craft store Bernat Cashmere Natural Blends


PS. I'm going to the Mamma Mia! Sing-A-Long version this week.

12 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Love the colors. Love the cables. I think your cable mentor is awesome!

cksknitter said...

Hi Rani! What's the brand of the cashmere/acrylic blend? I also have a few people on my gift knitting list that I wouldn't trust not to throw their gift in the washing machine (probably with a couple pair of jeans and some red towels)!

Guinifer said...

You are definitely turning into an uber-knitter! (Hey, how's that puppy been behaving lately? He's pretty darn cute.)

Senja said...

How about some quick lace scarfs for those pretty skeins? I'm sure there's plenty of patterns on Rav. Mmmm, cashmere love the scarf your currently making too!

Neuroknitter said...

I love,love,love this post!!! Autumn!! Yay!!! Ohohoh...I'm a beefy stew girl, too!!! ;)

Look, you already have awesome leaf color...ours are coming along...pretty soon now...I'm so dang impatient!

Love your scarf!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the new colors on the blog!! And Happy Fall!! Neuroknitter would be so proud of those pictures too!! I love them!!

I love the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern! Looks great :)

And OMG! Must find out where the Mamma Mia sing-along is near me!

Kathleen said...

I'm in love with the sock pattern. And the fall flowers. We're just coming into spring here, so I'm all about purples and greens and pinks for now.

Wow, all that lace...what to do, what to do...

Anonymous said...

Yay for fun autumn pics and knits!

Leslie said...

Such beautiful fall colors you have here! And I love the Irish Hiking scarf. I made two of those and I think it's a great guy gift.

Lorraine said...

VERY PROUD! You go girl!

Neuroknitter said...

I had to come back and add that yesyesyes!!! I am very proud of your autumnal pics!! You rock!!!

Happy Friday-eve!! :)

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

How beautiful - and I´m talking about everything here - the pictures, the yarn, the socks and the scarf.

The yarn would be beautiful in candle flame : http://toveb.typepad.com/candle_flame_shawl.pdf knit

It is much prettier than the picture on the pattern indicates.