Monday, September 8, 2008

Award Ceremony




I was honored with the Arte y Pico award by the fabulous woman over at We Heart Yarn. (thank you!!!)

Here are the rules that I pasted from her blog:

1) Show the award. Link back to the blog that gave you the award.

2) Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award because of creativity, design, interesting material, and contributions to the blogger community, no matter of language, and
link to them.

3) Leave comments on the blogs to let them know you've given them an award.

4) Show the link to the Arte y
Pico blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) Show these rules.

It is VERY difficult to choose just 5 because I loyally stalk about 43 blogs (I don't always comment, but I'm still there). So I chose these 5 for very different reasons, but they are all
knitty related. I hope no one is offended or feels left out. I just can't find time to type up 38 more descriptions!!!


We Heart Yarn
because there is no finer place on the
blogosphere to find color, poetry, knitting, and flowers than this lovely site. If you need a moment of beauty and peace - then check her blog!!
Spindles and Spice because she is witty and hilarious and posts things like THIS and like THIS
and she cooks stuff, too.
Halfway Down the Stairs
cuz nobody . . . NOBODY knits socks as fast as her and leaves all sorts of enabling little links here and there on her posts.
No Patterns because you will not believe her knitting. You just simply won't believe it. Oh, and she's Icelandic.
We Do Not Have A Knitting Problem because she most
definitely DOES have a knitting problem and that makes me happy. She also travels a lot more than I do and she post pictures so that I can imagine myself there, too - happily knitting with a glass of wine and some very nice girlfriends.


WHAT I'M WORKING ON......



Socks: Noro sock yarn (I know, I know. I swore never again, but the color.....THE COLOR)
It's a baby-rib. Very fun.

And (TA DAH!) my first lace:
Not sure yet if it's a relationship of intense love or of intense hate, but there it is in all its beaded tedium. This is SOTS III (secret of the stole 3).

6 comments:

Nautical Knitter said...

Congratulations on your award and your lace! Your stole looks beautiful!

Neuroknitter said...

Thanks Rani!! You're so sweet!

Your socks are lovely, and your lace work with beads is looking quite stellar!

I had fun perusing the other blogs you picked!! Very, very cool!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Thanks Rani!! To be in such nice company too!

Go you with the lace! Gorgeous, just gorgeous!! I shall admire from afar as I'm way to intimidated to even attempt that!

wildtomato said...

Aw, shucks! Thanks for the award!

Love, love, love the socks! That Noro sock yarn is calling my name.

Senja said...

Congrats on the award Rani you deserve it! I love your new projects really makes me want to try the Noro sock yarns but not sure how to feel about the scratch factor, Hmmm.

Leslie said...

Oh, wow, those Noro socks. Delicious! And congrats on the lace, too.