Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy busy busy...

I'm back! What have I been up to?

THE GREAT MINNESOTA GET-TOGETHER
I have put on enough weight from just this one week at the state fair that I actually popped the button off my pair of shorts and have resorted to wearing pants with elastic waist bands.

Here's what I ate at the fair - in no particular order:
Big Fat Bacon (on a stick)
Corn Dog (on a stick)
Pronto Pup (yes, there is a difference and also on a stick)
Mini-doughnuts (not on a stick, but possibly the prime suspect in my popped button incident)
Tater-tot Hot Dish w/ cream of mushroom dipping sauce (on a stick - I kid you not)
Cheese Curds
Deep Fried Pickles
(one beer to wash down the pickles)
Deep Fried Twinkie
(one glass of Minnesota wine to wash down the Twinkie)
Bucket-o-Fries
(One more beer just because)
Roasted Corn on the Cob


If it makes any sense, I did all of that food consumption spread out over three days. I was hoping that by gorging as I did, the food would not possibly have enough time to process and absorb - and that a large percentage would pass right through me. This plan hasn't worked out so well for me.

I'll leave you with funny pics/story.

We went to see this:


And here is Lunker at the exact moment when he realizes that the strange thing on the back of the boar is not a piglet or (as Lunker put it) a second pair of butt cheeks but the worlds largest testicles.

And here is a good big brother bestowing this wisdom on his younger brother.

8 comments:

Guinifer said...

I can totally here the words coming out of his mouth, "DUDE!"

livnletlrn said...

omg, I can see your arteries hardening all the way from CT, but at least if all that stuff kills you, you'll die happy (and full)!

TMI alert: At birth, my son had testicles proportionate to the piggy's. 'Twas a little alarming. Luckily, they soon returned to a more modest size.

Here's hoping the same is true for fairgoers' waistlines. ;-)

Tonyia said...

Great state fair post! We always have to go see the giant hog and the mama with the big litter of piglets.

Although, really, don't we all go to the State fair to EAT?!

Senja said...

Wow that is one big hog! I haven't been to the state fair in a couple of years, maybe next year. Sounds like fun!

Kathleen said...

Heh..."a second pair of butt cheeks"; this made me snort and giggle a bit. :o)

Heather said...

Oh, my boys would be reliving the giant testicle story for years!! I hope your boys have better manners! :)

Lorraine said...

LOL - thanks for the fair highlights. We missed it this year, alas.

Now I'm hungry. Hmmmm . . .

Caroline said...

(LOL) Your "fair diet" reminds me of the first time we went to Disneyland with our kids. My son was eating an apple that we'd brought along to snack on, and he wanted some carrot sticks too. I actually said, "Kai, you need to save your appetite for churros and stuff." My family still thinks that was so funny.