Monday, December 29, 2008

Where have I been!?

Sheesh, I can't even remember the last time I posted. There have always been excuses: the house is too messy, laundry to fold, presents to wrap. You know the drill. Knitting? What's that. I have a pair of socks on my bedside table that haven't been touched since before Christmas (and they were to be a gift for my dad).

We've been happily busy, though. I got a job. Whoo hoo! Back to work I go, part-time at a preschool. My hubby and I took a vacation (via a work trip) to sunny Florida - here are some snapshots:


We went in search of some real nature and found this little park right in the middle of Naples. It's only about a city block in size, but it was a lovely walk.
But could you believe that we actually felt a little homesick for this:


That was the temperature when we got back to Minnesota. And this grand fella and his dame were outside the window feeding at the bird feeder but by the time I got a picture, he had stomped off to the edge of the yard thanks to our barking hound.

So then it was Christmas. I usually take hundreds of pictures, but this year I seemed to keep forgetting to snap pictures. Here are just a few.
Making laufabrauð (Icelandic leaf-bread) with Amma and cousins.


Belle wearing, reading and holding her Christmas plunder.

Have a happy new year! I will hopefully be back in the new year with some KNITTING! FINISHED KNITTING!!! I promise to get this knitty blog back on track.

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Homesick for the snow? I'm with you there. It's almost New Year's Eve and I'm sweating like a pig down here in this 90 degree heat, lol. Beautiful park or garden that you found, though!

And hey! You musta took your teddy bear on vacation with you...those are some fuzzy legs there!

livnletlrn said...

Yeah, a job can really put a crimp in the knitting time. :-( But it pays for more yarn! :-)

Neuroknitter said...

Happy Holidays! It looks like you had a grand time in the sun and at home for the holidays!

I hope the sock knitting mojo returns in 2009...we'll see what we can do to enable that...like remind you to sign up for the RSC!!! ;)

Happy New Year, Rani!! Wishing you and yours all the best in 2009! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you!

Senja said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours! You made me miss my vacation with your vacation pics.
Get Back to Knitting Girl!

knitting elephant said...

Welcome back to the blog! Happy Holidays to you... And Congrats on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Did you knit leg warmers for your husband to wear at the beach?!?!?

Caroline said...

Happy New Year! The trip to Florida sounds good to me even though we have comparatively temperate weather compared to Minnesota this time of the year. It's still pretty good and wet feeling, even at the beach in Central California.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy Holidays!!! So glad you and hubby had a nice vacation before the busy busy of the holidays!! All that snow too!!

Looks like you and the family had a wonderful holiday too! Happy New year!

Heather said...

All very good reasons to not be blogging... but it is nice to hear from you again!
Have a great New Year!

Guinifer said...

Well, you know that Buck was just looking for a little privacy, right?