Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Darn it!


Well, after figuring out that I was knitting all wrong - I decided to unravel the Noro scarf and start over. There was a big difference in the gauge and the shape of my stitches. I had gotten pretty far, but I think it would have been noticable if I had continued with my new 'correct' stitches. I took a picture just before I unraveled it - it is really pretty! This second version should knit up faster, since the correct way is much easier! Not so tedious.

2 comments:

gesualda said...

Hello, what is the stitch you use on this scarf that looks crossed over stitch like? My blog is:
eyes on you, red
cheers,
gesualda

gesualda said...

whoops, I answered you on my page after your comment instead of your page. I'm new at this and things go wrong sometimes.
You've got some good socks there.I think I'm going to have to do socks too. But they may have to wait; I have a granddaughter growing faster than the knitting. Your family are all so blond and minnesota - are you of scandi origin? writing from sweden.