Saturday, February 24, 2007

Naughty Yarn






Just stopped by the local knit store - Knit Wits - and spent way too much money on yarn. They had the coolest sock yarn and some hand-dyed silk yarn that I want to make into a scarf for a birthday present. I abandoned my first sock (it's still that stupid dropped stitch) and started a new one. These are the new yarns. Aren't they yummy!

There's a snow storm on it's way - so what better excuse to knit. I'm going to try to knit socks from the sock yarn on the left "Katia Jamaica". I started the first one. Instead of just making a ribbed cuff, I want the whole leg-part of the sock to be ribbed. This will take me forever because I can only knit efficiently and purling is clumsy for me. Anyway, I'm inspired by this yarn, so hopefully by the end of the snowy weekend, I can have my first completed sock.

No comments: