Monday, April 21, 2008

Lots of Knittin'

Hello to all my knitty friends and family! SPRING HAS SPRUNG! It was in the 70's yesterday! I felt foolish walking down main street with a wool sweater and scarf. Silly me. I haven't found our bin of summer clothes yet.

I have much to tell in regards to knitting. I, like many of you, have started way too many projects on my needles. Here are the current projects and their progress.

Beware: AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST IS A WOOLGIRL SOCK CLUB SPOILER.


The first item is the Clapotis. I had to buy more yarn for this pattern since I own several hanks but one of each. The pattern asks for worsted weight, I believe. But that sounded so heavy so I checked Ravelry and found hundreds made with sock weight yarn.I'm using Araucania (Ranco Multy Color 302). I only purchased two skeins, so I hope it's enough. Each skein has 376 yards. AND it's only $16.50!!!
AND a huge thanks to Lori who gave me the sweetest stitch markers last summer. The ladybugs and the little red circle stones are all from her. (and they are my favorites!) They look so pretty next to my blue Clapotis!

My pretty little elfish socks:
dkKnits sock yarn and the pattern is Rivendell.

And now for the new stash! (SPOILER)




Mama Llama Original Sock 3 Ply
Colorway: "Georgia's Inspiration"


PS. to answer a question left awhile back - I am subbing at a preschool.

9 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

The clapotis is going to be gorgeous in that yarn! And isn't the woolgirl package this month absolutely perfect!! I love it!

Senja said...

Looks like fun! I am so glad I joined the sock club this year! It's awfully fun to get those goodies in the mail!

Guinifer said...

Love the Rivendell sock! The stitch marker is gorgeous as well! I think you can use just about any yarn for the Clapotis and the Araucania is a pretty sturdy yarn.

cksknitter said...

I'm going to have to look into the new book, The Eclectic Sole. Woolgirl sock club is awesome. Jen doesn't cut corners!

Anonymous said...

I'm really hating that I didn't sign up for the woolgirl club now!!!

Neuroknitter said...

The Woolgirl sock kit is lovely!! I can't wait to see you knit it up!

I really like your blog banner! Great photo!

marit said...

I like the new look:-)
Lots of lovely yarn and knitting too...
Enjoy spring!

Kathleen said...

oh the envy...

now that I'm addicted to socks, I hope that this year absolutely flies by so I can get into the Wool Girl sock club. The Wool Girl package is gorgeous!

Debra said...

The Rivendell sock is a really cool pattern. It looks great in pink, too. :) I'm tempted to purchase it!