Monday, April 7, 2008

AND . . . again . . .

I jinxed our town.

I believed that THIS was our last snowstorm.(March 31 snowball fight)

(3/31 snow lantern)

I threw away the boots and snowpants which have been patched with duct tape for the last month . . . boys.

We had a few days like this.

But this morning, we woke up to this.Bother.



Oh, well. There is knitting to be discussed! I finished these darling little socks.

The pattern: HAVE A HEART socks designed by this talented lady.
Yarn: Sweet Sheep Sweet Socks- colorway "Purple Path" - VERY SOFT AND WARM!! YUM!
Needles: US size 2

I thought I would give them away as a gift, but as I like them too much and they fit my feet like a glove, I am KEEPING them! HA HAAAAAAA HAAAA!

And so, since I have completed my April Socks because I cheated and started them in March, I treated myself to a Tulip Sweater kit for my girl. Here is the start:
I began this last night at a little knitty gathering at a friends house. I brought my camera, but I was too shy to take pictures. I did get quite a bit of knitting done. Thanks, Mrs. E for the cozy knitting, guacamole and knitty novels. Oh, I should post about those! Next time . . .

Now stop reading blogs and go get some knitting done!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

The socks are FANTASTIC!!

Guinifer said...

Seriously! Cute little sweater - I think I know where you picked that up!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those socks are just precious!!

And I love the tulip sweater!! I bought the pattern and hope one of my friends finds out soon that they are expecting a girl so I can get started!!

Tee said...

R, could you believe that Mother Nature could be that cruel to us? The duct tape comment made me laugh, "A" has had a growing hole in the front of his snow pants exactly where you would not want a hole. It is really attractive, black snow pants with white stuffing puffing out.

Anyhow, great socks, great colors for the sweater. Hey are you going to enlighten us about your new job?

marit said...

King Winter has been playing his little game around here too, the weekend was terrible! But Miss Spring has finally overcome him. At least that's what I hope...!
Love the socks- they look faboulous!
I've seen the Tulipsweater several places, and the colours are just so yummy!

Lorraine said...

You are just cranking them out. I have started my April socks but I'm a little distracted from knitting at the moment. Socks are just being worked at while at dance, since the spinning wheel is not portable. Mwahahaha.

Neuroknitter said...

The socks are awesome!! Soo cute!

That snow lantern is way too cool for words...Your grass is definitely greener (and snowier) than mine!! :)

Kathleen said...

What an interesting snow lantern! I've never seen that before! Great socks, too!

Leslie said...

Oh, yuck, more snow! At least you have some wonderful projects to distract you. I really want to knit one of those tulip sweaters!