Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Fling . . . again.

Tomorrow is April.


Today is . . . well . . .

see for yourself.
No bother. It's quite nice to wake up with the wind howling, the snow flying, piling up at the windows. Minnesota spring is muddy and gray for a very long time, so if that's how it's going to be, having it all wrapped up in a white, cozy snow storm is fine with me. It will probably melt tomorrow. And best of all, I finished this lovely scarf this morning; just in time, eh? Specs: Pattern - Noro Scarf - K1, P2, changing skeins every two rows.
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden - ? Can't remember color. oops
I think I am done with Noro yarn*, however. It's expensive and there are twigs and knots throughout the yarn. I used to think it was rather quaint. Kind of like, I used to think acrylic yarn was fine.

*I have a ball of Noro sock yarn that I'll try, then I'm done. For my A Year In Socks challenge, I gave one of my Noro sock yarns to my mom. (I'm hoping she'll knit that up before me so I can see if I like it).

Ooh, and speaking of A Year In Socks . . . I finished my March socks just in time:
SPECS

Knitting goals: April - finish my Have a Heart socks, Hubby's Milk Chocolate Socks (Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Bosco - color 3518), start Belle's sweater . . . tulip sweater anyone?

7 comments:

Heather said...

oh, very nice bellatrix! cute shoes, too!

Senja said...

I know what you mean about preferring snow to grey and brown. Love the scarf and the socks rock!

Wendy said...

Great looking socks! And a cute way to display them as well!

Lorraine said...

The snow has been a real surprise this spring. I know it does this most Marches but it does seem more frequent this year.

Love the socks and shoes. What a clever photo.

I had the same problem with Noro. The colors are glorious but I hate the junk in it.

Kathleen said...

I had no idea that Noro had vegetable matter in their yarn. Hmmm.

Neuroknitter said...

I can see our frost in the mornings is nothing compared to your Minnesota spring! I'm glad the Moroccan Spice warmed up your day :)

I love your socks!! That picture is fantastic!!

I'm sending "snow go away" vibes your way!! :)

Guinifer said...

And the rain was so fantastic today! The Bellatrix are gorgeous! I've been knitting on my Sock Madness today hoping that vacation didn't boot me out - but it may have...