Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4th Into Spring!

In Minnesota, the march to Spring gets pretty long. Springtime is just a big tease. It will warm up and rivers will form on the roads, snow will drip from the rooftops and then BAM, we'll get a whopping snowstorm. This continues until May 15th. Literally. How many years have I planted my impatients and geraniums a tad too early, only to wake up to a hard frost and dead plants.
Well, thank goodness for knitting. Keeps me sane. If I'm going to twiddle my fingers, I may as well be holding a pair of needles.

Specs:
Childs Felt Clogs by Bev Galeskas (CH-38)
Yarn: Galway Worsted
Needles: US 13

Also, Knit Picks is having a clearance sale. I just picked up a whole box of yummy Essential sock yarn.

7 comments:

PJS said...

Hey, the clogs look good (even if the colours arnt what I would have picked) like you said... he has to wear them!

Unlike minnesota, it tends to warm up a little earlier here, I mean, it stays above zero.

You'll need your march socks more than we will!

Knitted Gems said...

I love your bright red slippers. They look so warm and the color just makes me smile.

Neuroknitter said...

Great pictures! Great post!

I think our spring was this past week, now we're back into the season of gray rain.

Ditto, thank goodness for the sanity keeping of knitting!! :)

marit said...

We don't have a whole lot of really cold weather here- we're too close to the sea- so every bit of snow is appreciated! We got some today! The kids like it, anyway:-)
Also, we might have spring for weeks in March and April- then May comes along, with snow...
Great clogs!

marit said...

Oh, and I should say that frostbitten leaf is gorgeouslooking!

Guinifer said...

Oh dear, you can't be a native Minnesotan! My Grandma Eddie always said you can't plant your annuals before Mother's Day, because there is ALWAYS the chance of a frost until then. (Even though the Nurseries would really like you to be buying their pretty, pretty flowers before then.)

Senja said...

I feel the way you do about this time of year. Big Tease! It rained last Sunday and is snowing today. That's Minnesota for you. Nice slippers:)