Saturday, March 1, 2008

socks and socks and socks

I'm back! Sorry it is taking me so long to post. I have been knitting. Here's the proof:These are my February installment for A Year In Socks.

SPECS: Pattern: Hearts for Heidi (find it over at the Loopy Ewe)
Yarn: White Oak Studio's TVyarn Fat Sock in "Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown"

Needles: oddly enough, each sock was on a different size needle. . . I can't really tell a difference but I won't go into that now.

I started some socks with Noro sock but the gauge was so loose I had to go buy (brace yourself) size 0 needles. (cue horror screams). But I'm so scared of them that I hid them away somewhere and put the Noro Sock back in my stash box (which is overflowing by the way).

And so. . . my March socks in all their anti-winter glory:
My first skein of Socks That Rock - lightweight
Colorway: Fire on the Mountain

The pattern is called Bellatrix and it's based on the deranged witch from Harry Potter. It reminds me of some socks that have seen some action.

Finally, my sweet sweet test socks. This is a sneak peak (testing the pattern for Picperfic), however, the pattern is for sale on her blog. It's very cool. I have learned two new techniques already (the magic cast-on for toe-ups which kicks butt! AND - the dot knot stitch).

10 comments:

livnletlrn said...

LOVE that FOTM Socks That Rock. My fave socks are knit in that colorway. A cure for the winter doldrums, for sure!

picperfic said...

I love those bellatrix socks but I can't get the pattern to come up..glad you are enjoying the 'have a heart' sock pattern too, the dot-knots show up well :^)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Socks galore! Your February socks look great and I'm loving your new STR socks! What a perfect pattern for that colorway.

Neuroknitter said...

You go girl! Look at all those socks on the needles!! Wowee!

I heart FOTM!!! It's one of my favorite STR colors!! Your Hearts for Heidi socks are lovely.

Isn't that magic cast on great!? You might become a toe-up convert yet!!

Heather said...

OOh! The stitchwork on Bellatrix looks very interesting - I will have to check that out again! I didn't realize! And yes, I completely agree, the magic cast on with toe up socks is amazingly thrilling!

:O)

cksknitter said...

Beautiful STR socks! I still haven't tried STR. I'm afraid if I do, it will get expensive.

PJS said...

they look so great! I love that bellatrix pattern, you seem to be zooming through too.

Hope you had a good weekend. I was stuck up in bed with flu for a week. Still gettin over it.

Guinifer said...

Oh my dear, you are putting me to shame!

Senja said...

Those Bellatrix socks ROCK! You go girl!
How does the Noro sock yarn feel? Pretty.

Twinkerbell said...

Fire on the Mountain was my first Socks That Rock purchase too! I just love those colors! Thanks again for getting me the pattern for Bellatrix!