Monday, February 25, 2008

One Proud Wife



I have to dedicate one post to commend my hubby for a job well done. He finished his 6th North American Birkebeiner race this weekend.


It was an emotional day and I'm just so darn proud of him. Hats off to you, my dear. I don't know how (why) you do it.


And would you believe, I got no knitting done!? We spent the rest of the day in celebration. Most of the time spent here.


So you can imagine how much knittin' was accomplished.

I did find myself stopping people to ask, "Did you knit that?" "Did someone knit that for you?" and getting plenty of inspiration to start knitting Ullared hats for my family for next year.

So much to do, so little time.

11 comments:

PJS said...

WOW!! big congratulations in order for your hub... well done, it was well worth missing a day of knitting for wasnt it!

Seriously, that's really impressive... is her going for top 3 next time ;) ?

Guinifer said...

I hope you had a brat for me!

picperfic said...

Well done Mr Rani!

Senja said...

Yay Rani's DH! Way to go:)

Neuroknitter said...

Congratulations to Dear Hubby!! Job well done!!! Great pictures! It looks like a grand time was had by all!!

Heather said...

Yea, Rani's Hubby!! And that hat is fabulous... great inspiration.

Lorraine said...

Woot! So cool. I've longed to learn to cross country ski but time and $$$ have prevented it - so far.

I really don't like short row heels much. They don't fit me properly either. I'm sure you know how much I like the heel flap on the Widdershins pattern from Knitty, though. (wink)

I'm not obsessive, really!

marit said...

I just love the thought of an American Birkebeiner- well done by both the younger and the older Rani's!
Also, great hat, and there will be knitting time later:-)
The blue sweater? Separated...next the actual frogging. I hope to knit something with this yarn that I will actually wear!

Knitted Gems said...

Congrats to your hubby! Cross country skiing is no joke. I'd be on the sidelines with you too. =)

Leslie said...

Awesome! Looks like a lot of hard work. And I love the hat...

Anne Marie said...

You have the "Birkebeiner" in the US too!!!?? I had no idea :-) How fun! Congratulations to your very fit hubby!