Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pretty Pink Stuff


That's right. Chocolate. The only thing better than getting a box of yarn would be a box of chocolate. AND it came with the promise that no matter what kind of crazy cravings my husband may experience, he will not touch these chocolates. (this is an issue in our marriage).

And so, Valentine's is over (every day is Valentine's Day, Sweety) and we're onto new adventures. This weekend we invested in 5 packs of Bubblicious bubble gum and the boys successfully checked this little trick off of their "List of Things to Learn that will Impress my Friends":
That's right. The all-American pastime of blowing bubbles with gum. Next week, we'll work on cracking the bubbles to make loud, obnoxious noises that they can take with them anywhere (ie the bus, the library, music class). Next week: How to make fart noises using your armpit.


boys.


Now for some pink stuff. Girly stuff. No strange noises here. This is the last shipment of Woolgirls's sock club. I don't think I'm spoiling this for anyone. Most of us should have received our shipments by now.
She always packs a punch! (no no, Leo!)
Some yummy Zen Yarn Garden (sport weight - YOU CAN SPECIFY IF YOU WANT SPORT OR FINGERLING)
Colorway: Blush
Plus, there were two great patterns, pink hot chocolate, a nifty bag to carry my projects around and some other little tiddleys.

Leo dropped that piece of wood there. It was not included in the package.
For those of you knitting up your February socks for A Year In Socks - you have 12 days left! Good luck to you!!

CONGRATS, LORI! A JOB WELL DONE! CVFT'S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WAS AWESOME!!! THE COSTUMES WERE THE BEST YET!!

8 comments:

PJS said...

I cant believe it.... did you seriously buy the boys bubblegum and teach them to blow bubbles? Ha ha ha...

picperfic said...

oh crikey...I need to finish my socks!! lovely pink stuff! Nice bit of wood too ;^)

Senja said...

Pretty pink sock kit!
Oh no! 12 days only? I have 3/4 of a sock done. I don't know if I'm going to make it!
Love the boy plans, that will be my house soon enough.

Knitted Gems said...

I can't believe your husband steals your chocolate. How awful! You should have a separate stash.

Guinifer said...

I'm so jealous you got to go and see Lorraine's play! I would've been loud and disruptive seeing as I have this cough that can raise a roof.

Ha! I don't mean to sound awful - but I hate gum/bubble gum so much I have refused to EVER buy it for my kids. I am convinced it has helped the older one stay cavity-free. He still will not chew gum. Puck, however, was corrupted by an older relative (curses on childless aunts!) Guess what - cavities!

I'm petting my Zen Yarn Garden as I type.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for the sweet comments. However, wasn't Bill at HOOT as Gaston? He had the whole cast rolling on the floor in the proposal scene!

My sock is languishing a bit, as I work on my Mom's B-day present but I'll hit it hard, I promise!

Caroline said...

What an incredible haul!! You can never have too many pink socks.

You need to add whistling with two fingers in your mouth to your boys' "to do list" don't you? My son still is working on that. He's got the other ones down.

Neuroknitter said...

Hi Rani! Great photo of the chocolates! Yum!! I heart the WG sock kit...I agree with Caroline, you can never have too many little pink socks! :)

You go girl...knit a sock monkey!!! I would love to see it on all its travels with you and the family!!! Too much fun!!!