Friday, November 7, 2008

First Snow

Snow Day!

Every Minnesotan that spent their childhood here knows how miraculous it is to wake up to the first snow. Our house was filled with squeals of delight as our Lumpy, the early riser, ran about waking us all to look out the window at our first snow.

Our youngest, Belle, took a look out her window and exclaimed, "Hey! It snowed on my side, too!" Imagine that.

After a flurry of bin-opening and closet-emptying we found some winter-wear (yes, hand-knit items included) and off they went, out the door. There is no school today and the snow is falling. What a wonderful morning to be a kid.

I'm on the other side of things. I'm not out there. I'm in here at my computer in a very quiet house in the woods, writing and drinking coffee. What a wonderful morning.

+++++++

I will have some knits to show off, soon. There are no pics yet. I don't think I've had a post without pictures in . . . have I ever done that?

+++++++

9 comments:

Catherine said...

While I don't want to wish away my kids' young years, I'm *really* excited for the days when I can send them out the door to play without me! Love the snow too. My Jackson was amazed that EACH of our neighbors' roofs had snow on them...imagine that? :)

Neuroknitter said...

You are so lucky...we just don't get that much snow where we are. Bummer...it's so pretty when it does fall here!

Enjoy!!

knitting elephant said...

Gotta love a child's innocence. Enjoy the silence!

Senja said...

Oh wow snow? I am headed your way for the weekend, I better dig out the knitted items for the kidlets. Thanks for the heads up!

Guinifer said...

I actually sent all of mine a couple hundred miles away - talk about quiet!

Lorraine said...

My kids were outside at 6:30 this morning. They just couldn't wait!

Tee said...

Yep, my kidlets were super excited about the snow as well. We, too, did some bin diving, closet emptying, me yelling to get the backpacks packed with all of the gear only to look out the window and see the school bus drive by! Ugh so I loaded them up in the loser cruiser, me in my pajamas looking really pretty, no supportive under garments on I might add, and raced off to school. They said I had to check them in at the school office because we were really close to being late, I of course floored the cruiser over to the curb, hit the automatic door opener and told them to tuck and roll and run like the wind.
Yeah, MN winters are lovely!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh Snowboarder would be a happy guy!! I was pretty excited to see snow on the mountains in the Sierras when I was driving to Sacramento this week!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the first snow!!