Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This post was either going to named: HOORAY! I'm a Loopy Groupie!

or
Once Again, I Spent My Family Bread Money on Frivolous Yarn-Related Purchases.


For those of you who are unfamiliar with Loopy Groupie -
The Loopy Ewe is a scrumptious yarn store with a cult-like following. With your fifth purchase from this store, you become a Loopy Groupie and receive a special package with your purchase:

The yarn (part of my surprise Loopy Groupie kit) is ATH (All Things Heather) Yarn 80/20 wool/nylon and wonderfully named, "Bucky". It reminds me of 1950's cowboy toys. These will be knit up with #3's for that kid of mine - the one I swore I would never knit for again. Do we see a repetitive pattern of self-destruction here? Hmmm. I'd have a glass of wine to contemplate that further but it's 6:19 AM.

Wait. It gets worse.

Feeling guilty, I headed straight for my LYS to balance out our local economy (the Loopy Ewe is located in Missouri) and compulsively purchased three skeins of this lovely Misti Alpaca - a pima/silk blend that feels like butter in the hands.

The colorway is Tangerine Fizz. Having that in my hands, I cast on and began knitting this little ditty: Clapotis #2. (free pattern) I haven't named her officially yet.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have a sister who is having a baby and so . . . well, you know how the story goes.


I bought some baby yarn for a wee little sweater and I'm having so much fun knitting that up, too. Although, I'm not totally happy about the colors.


Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

Tonyia said...

Welcome to the baby sweater bandwagon!
At times they are irresistible because they knit up so quickly.
I envy the rest of your swag. Sweet stuff!

livnletlrn said...

ooh, baby knitting. Fun!

Senja said...

Wow you really don't mess around when you get going:) Love the tangerine pretty!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats on being a Loopy Groupy! Me, I'm a Woolie Woolgirl..that's where my frivolous (not!) yarn purchases go!

Gorgeous yarns you picked out and that clapotis is going to be amazing!

Guinifer said...

I love the color of your baby sweater! Welcome to the Loopy Groupies!

Heather said...

Looks like happy knitting - I do like the colors for the baby sweater, though! Is she having a boy, or do you need to neutralize it a bit more? If so, just focus on the lime green and put in less of the blue!

Also, a Clapotis done in lighter weight yarn is yummy! I wear one all winter long!

:O)