Friday, June 26, 2009

Now We Are Six!


This little gal is almost seven and I am a little melancholy about the whole thing.

Six is a magical age.
She is wearing my third attempt for the perfect flower girl shrug for my sister's wedding. This one is in organic cotton - Sprout - in a bold fuchsia. I like it. It's very casual looking, but it's a picnic wedding and the girls will be wearing cotton sundresses. I'll post pictures of the big day soon.

If you want to see a gorgeous adult version, check out Wild Tomato's shrug for her sister's wedding.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, how sweet! The perfect summer shrug on a darling little girl, enjoying a summer day!

Senja said...

I keep thinking this would be a fun quick pattern for my little girl, they do grow up to quickly don't they?

Caroline said...

Aw! I agree that six was a wonderful age. I had so much fun sewing for my daughter at that age...and she loved whatever I made her...which doesn't seem to be the case with teenagers..or at least my teenager.

I'm game for the book club. I'll skip reading Huck Finn though since I've taught it every year for the past twenty, but I'd love to talk about it.

Tiffi said...

It makes me sad to think I will miss seeing all of your kids growing up...

marit said...

So cute! Both the shrug and the daughter:-)
I wish my daughters were back to six...one is 14 and has been a teenager for "ages!!!" ,the other is 12, and very pre-teen... The boys were not like that at all! So you'd better enjoy it while it lasts;-)

wildtomato said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out!

The shrug looks darling on her. Nice job on the knitting, Mom!

Guinifer said...

She looks absolutely charming!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

The shrug looks just perfect!! And how sweet is she!

Heather said...

So beautiful!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

She is such a little darling! And the shrug is wonderful too.
She reminds my of my younger one,the same hair colour and she loved (and still loves) dresses. She had one just like this one when she was five. Although here in Iceland she had to wear a t-shirt and short leggings under it when playing outside...