Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yarn Sale

I forgot to mention where the sale is taking place.

Brainerd, MN has a little yarn shop called Between Friends Yarn.  The shop is closing and the owner is hoping to relocate to Florida.  With the wind howling outside the shop door, I could hardly blame her.  The shop was empty accept for the very back wall.  When I asked if I could take a picture, she politely asked that I not capture the store in its state of deconstruction.  Apparently, the shop was a delightful, warm haven for fiber fiends.   She wants it to be remembered that way.


Of course, one cannot pass by a yarn shop EVER.  And 60% off would make it a crime not to stop and shop.   A lot of the yarn was picked over but I found a few gems.  I have been wanting to make traditional monkey socks (red/gray) for kids, so there are three skeins of something or other.  And a pretty pink skein for my Belle.  Not sure if it will be socks or cuffs or  . . . oh the skies the limit.  And a few items like row counters and coil-less safety pins (so the yarn doesn't get snagged in those little coils).
On a different note: We had a parent donate some yarn to the school, so I took a wee bit and began making mittens and hats for the annual winter clothing collection. 


It's chilly, so I'm off to build a fire and maybe, just maybe, whip a little hat to go with the mittens.  Oh, and I should probably finish up on these arms here.






5 comments:

wildtomato said...

I'm excitedly awaiting your monkey socks! Great scores.

Anne Marie said...

I love those mittens! They are super cute. May I ask what pattern you used? They look like a fast knit and perfect as a last minute Christmas gift.

Caffeine Girl said...

Of course it would be a crime to pass by a sale at a yarn shop!

livnletlrn said...

sweetest little mittens evah.

what are there, like 10 stitches around on those sleeves? crank that bulky baby out, knitter!

Senja said...

I was at that store last summer bummer that it is closing but great finds!