Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010

I'm sitting in the middle of a fantastic blizzard.  The stuff from my childhood.  Not only did it appear to snow about 10 inches, but the wind is howling around the house.

A nice morning for a cup of coffee (with cream) and a fire in the fireplace and then to top it all off, Christmas knitting. 

I am up to the yoke on my "Owls" sweater (scroll down the link).


We ventured out in the car and barely made it to grandma's house.  It was nice to see that the city I live in has their priorities correct.  Notice the Caribou Coffee in the background?
 We made it home and let out the dog.  Look at Mr. Meat Head challenging the weather.
Here he is brought back down to size by getting himself stuck into a snow drift.  Heh. heh.  Did I help.  Oh hell no.  I took pictures.


 Don't worry.  He got himself out.  Then brushed himself off and went on his merry way.


Big Dope

We'll be digging out in the morning.  I hope its like Little House on the Prairie.  Remember that episode when they woke up to find they had to crawl out an upstairs window to get out because the snow had drifted so high?  Oh what a story we would tell.

11 comments:

wildtomato said...

I love your Big Dope. BD and Mingus would be fast friends.

The day after you posted about BD eating carbs, Mr. Mingus went into my purse and snaked a bread end I had saved for him. At least he was neat about it and the purse was unharmed.

Anne Marie said...

I love snow blizzard days! And lucky you for having a fire place, besides keeping the house warm I love the cozyness they bring to a room or a house.

Your dog is the funniest thing!

livnletlrn said...

I loves me a big storm. Perfect excuse to for a hefty dose of that fireplace/coffee/knitting bliss.

Heidelweiss said...

I cannot believe I've missed so many posts! I guess I figure if I'm being a noblog, everyone else is too. I'm completely in love with your blizzard day. We have those once in a blue moon here and they're my favorite and my best! I'm also in love with your ridiculous Lab! We have one too! He's such a dork and we love him so much. I have a blog post about him setting our house on fire (just a bit) while trying to get to some birthday cake. Naughty old guy! Have a great holiday season!!!

Neuroknitter said...

OMG! Look at all that snow!! I love your coffee mug and your new bloggy background stuff!! A fireplace, coffee and knitting...that's the stuff dreams are made of!!

The PNW just doesn't get snow like that...a few flakes and everyone is paralyzed.

p.s. I would've taken pics of the dog, too :) :)

Heather said...

Awesome - the snow AND the dog! Love that face!

:O)

Guinifer said...

Yea - my guys are not liking pottying on a snowbank...

Tonyia said...

Darn near perfect day, except for needing to drive!
Your pup has a most expressive face.

We had to dig out our furnace exhaust vent this morning. It was 53˚ when we woke. Hope your vent was clear today!

jane said...

geez! i´m cold just looking at those pictures! stay warm!!! p.s. got to love dogs with white noses ;)

Kathleen said...

The intrepid BD! Heheheh, stuck in a snow bank and still he plugged along like a trooper. I love your pics of him and all that snow!

I've been dreaming of a big snow, but our "big snow" (so far) came with a lot of wind and it all blew out to Kansas and over the rainbow before it hit the ground here. At least I haven't had to worry about black ice on my drive to work yet.

Leslie said...

Oh, I am shivering just looking at all that snow! Thank goodness for hot drinks and warm knits! Hope you thaw out soon and have a wonderful holiday!