Monday, December 27, 2010


Sigh.  Have you ever had that feeling after a sauna or a hot bath?  It's that relaxed, warm, pleasant feeling.  That's how I feel on this cheerful December morning as I look back at the last few days. 
Except for a few backseat fights on the way to grandmother's house, the whole family and extended family put their best feet forward and made an effort to enjoy each other and to enjoy all the merriment that goes hand in hand with the holidays. 




I hardly touched my knitting, but did manage to finish my owl sweater.  I really like it, but the back puckers in weird way and the bottom ribbed hem is too tight and too short. It tends to highlight my bubble butt.  Next time, I'd probably continue the ribbing for at least two inches.  But the color is scrumptious and the sweater does indeed fit like a hug. 

Here she is:


See how happy I am in my first (finished) grown up sweater.  Hooray for me!

Specs:
OWLS by Kate Davies
Yarn: Drops Eskimo light blue
Needles: US 11


Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a very happy new year!!


9 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Owls turned out great! Yay you!!

I love the pic w/ LHOTP outfit/handheld electronics combo.

Heather said...

Gorgeous! Holiday and Sweater!!
Congrats and Happy New Year!

Erica said...

Love the new sweater! Well done :D

Neuroknitter said...

I love your owl sweater! It looks cozy warm and very timely with that thermometer dial dipping below freezing!! Brrrr!!!

Guinifer said...

I see no bubble butt!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

The sweater looks great on you!
How is the neckline? It looks a bit open in the back - not only on your pictures but on many more I have looked at. I have been thinking about making this sweater for my daughter, but I think would have to change the neck as she hates cold at the back of her neck.

What are your thoughts on that?

Heidelweiss said...

I am cometely in love with that sweater! Perfect color and it fits you really well. Looks like you had a fabbity fab Christmas!

Anne Marie said...

It looks great on you & I don't see any bobble at all!

And I love your smile!

Happy new year!

Caroline said...

OMG! You look so great in owl! I have finished "grown up" sweater, but I've always hated how I look in them when I finish.

LOL--the pic of your daughter in the "Laura Ingalls" outfit and an ipod?

LOL--Leo! Glad he made it home. I've gotten such a kick out of your posts about him. He almost makes our beagles look well behaved!! Our vet has a vacation home on the coast that we often drive past, and we comments that we should stop by since we've paid for about half of it!