Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm being swallowed by a boa constrictor. . .

I'm being swallowed by a by a big huge mother of an afghan, that's for certain.  I was dragging this cute little project around with me while I attended my duties as a mother - piano lessons, sporting events, etc. etc. etc.   

But recently, after two grueling 19 hour drives to Montana and back, the thing has begun to get a bit unwieldy.  Its proportions are not fitting into my little day bag.  I'm having to roll it up into a tube shape that's the size of a toddler.  But I continue on.  I'm not sold on all the colors I chose, but there is no turning back now.  It's still King sized and there it stays.

I'm going to have to choose a new project to be my 'mom's waiting in the parking lot' bit.  Something smaller, like a pair of socks.  I'm getting an itch to hold my knitting needles once again.  

8 comments:

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

It sure is big! I like the bright colors.

livnletlrn said...

All you need is your 19 cats to complete that crazy crochet lady picture.

Linda said...

Ohhhh wow! That looks pretty big! But the colors are beautiful! Very cheery! Hope you can find your way out of it so you can get to those knitting needles!

Guinifer said...

You look like a Skittles commercial - swallowed by a rainbow.

Neuroknitter said...

Socks! Socks! Socks! Socks!! :)

I like the colors, too..very bright and spring-ful!! :)

Rani said...

Haaaaahahahaaaa. You gals make me laugh!

wildtomato said...

At least now when it's dreary out, you can engulf yourself in a rainbow. Or continue to crochet a rainbow... (I can't decide if I'm done with the border of my giant afghan.)

wildtomato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.