Friday, February 22, 2008

Progress Report:

I finished (almost) my second February baby sweater (Elizabeth Zimmermann). This is going to friends who have a sweet baby girl. I just have to put the buttons on. I'll do this tonight and they'll have it for their sweety tomorrow!


I found lots of cutey-pie buttons but the plain abalone buttons are really my favorite. But where did I put the rest of them . . .


I am progressing nicely on my February socks. They are a bit big for me. I don't know if I like the toe-up, other than knowing how tall I can make my socks without running out of yarn. The heel is not as pretty as top-down and perhaps there is a different way to do this. And the ankle seems baggy. BAGGY! YUCK!

Specks (again): White Oak Studio TVyarn Fat Sock (Happy Valentine's Day Charlie Brown)
Pattern: "Hearts for Heidi"

This week/weekend is the North American Birkebeiner race. The boys did their first Barnebirkie (kid race) and did a great job. More pics later. Hubby skiis the big kahuna race tomorrow. GO, MAN, GO!

This is the start line at the 2.5 K Barnebirkie. That is a Birkebeiner in front. (google that if you're interested - I'm over my limit of computer time for the morning and don't have time to explain).

TTFN!

9 comments:

PJS said...

sorry about the baggy ankles old gal... on the up side though we could start calling you nora batty

Hope you enjoy the race, sounds like it would be great fun. Looking forward to the pics.

BTW at least your baggy ankles and in gorgeous wool, it's come out lovely.


have a good weekend... :)

cksknitter said...

Beautiful baby sweater!

Senja said...

Love, love the sweater. I really have to make one someday.
Bummer about the saggy ankles:( Pretty socks anyway and I feel the same way about toe up right now. The heel on my current pattern was Heck!
Go skiers Go!

Neuroknitter said...

That baby sweater is precious! I love the button picture!!

Good luck to the boys and DH!!!

Intriguing about the computer time...hmmm...

Guinifer said...

If we didn't have hockey (and a million other things) goin' on this weekend, we totally would've been at the Birkie finish line with our cowbells! (We have two!) (also, some brats and beers too...)

Guinifer said...

If we didn't have hockey (and a million other things) goin' on this weekend, we totally would've been at the Birkie finish line with our cowbells! (We have two!) (also, some brats and beers too...)

Leslie said...

The baby sweater is so sweet! I must try that pattern one of these days.

picperfic said...

nothing worse than baggy socks! Hopefully my pattern doesn't give you the same problems! Love the February sweater, your other one was the first one I saw and I loved it so much. The simple buttons are perfect!

livnletlrn said...

No babies in my life right now and none expected any time soon, but that Feb. Baby Sweater has been calling my name lately. Yours is just precious.