Monday, December 17, 2007

'Tis the season

You are looking at a merry little gift that my good friend Tiffy gave me just because she's nice. Her talented sister "T" made this (and other clever things). She needs to get off her tushy and open an Etsy shop. achem. hint hint. By the way, that little tag was handmade - the stamp included. She drew and carved out that little stamped bird herself! Isn't it sweet?


I still have no knit items to show off because I'm just too darn busy. But I'm close to having a dull, but practical pair of socks completed. When I do, you'll be the first to know.

In the meantime, I was pleasantly surprised to receive another sock club kit from Woolgirl. It was entirely unexpected. I forgot I had signed up for this! Whoop whoop! I highly recommend her clubs. They are fabulously fun.
I didn't get a rich enough picture of the yarn. It's the perfect 'sprucey' color.
Here is a tiny stitch marker (she includes one in every kit).
And a new sock pattern that I can't wait to knit. I won't do the ruffled edge. I'm beginning to be a firm believer in the simple ribbed cuff (k2,p2) which can't be beat for fit and comfort. (All my non-knitting friends are starting to yawn).
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I will try to get one more post in before Christmas.

8 comments:

Guinifer said...

I was surprised to get my package too - I really love this pattern. How's Leo?

Anonymous said...

Can't knit fast enough. It's gonna be close........

PJS said...

Hey....

The only reason I had time to read blogs is because I inconveniently gt really sick.... I dont have time to be sick!!

Your new sock kit looks really good. I love the colours.

Just in case I dont get a post up or comment again before christmas...

MERRY CHRISTMAS.... hope you have a really great time.

Senja said...

Merry Christmas to you, what a nice holiday looking post. I have thought about signing up for a sock club but since I've only finished one pair of socks maybe I should get a little faster at knitting them first. The ornament is cute!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas! I hope it continues to be full of pleasant surprises!

Caroline said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm envious of your sock kit. Looks like fun.

I'm planning to make some Danish kleiner this weekend. I guess it's a similar recipe to yours. How can you go wrong with tons of butter and sugar??

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colors in the sock kit! Spruce! I can almost smell it - the spruce TREE, not the spruce sock...hehe...anyway, I'd leave off the ruffle, too. I much prefer a simple ribbed cuff.

Tee said...

R, you are too kind! I just saw your post late last night through blurry eyes which had not had a break from contacts for 18+ hours! I have been on a self imposed hiatus from all blogs since Sunday because I kept finding more cute things that fell under the category "oh I think I can make that before Christmas" and absolutely nothing was getting done. But I couldn't stand it anymore and logged onto the computer late last night. I'm sorry that I didn't see your kind words earlier --thank you! Regarding Etsy, I'll open a shop if you will take the pictures and write the text...your photos are always amazing and your gift with words is what keeps me coming back to read your blog, oh yeah and the fact that you are a great person.
Have a wonderful Christmas!!