Tuesday, December 11, 2007

When the weather outside is frightful . . .

Thisplus this

Plus thisEquals a fine December morning.

Well, no knitting to speak of. There are things in a pile next to my bed, but nothing finished. So instead, I bring you some of our December antics.

Making cookies at Grandma's house:
My mom and I made Icelandic kleinur (clay-noor) for the first time. They are like doughnuts, only not as sweet and with cardamon. We had a fit of giggles when I suddenly noticed how phallic our kleinur were turning out to be.
See if you're imagination is as sick as my own:
What was Leo doing? Getting his ass kicked by my sister's pug. Ha ha.
Ok, I lied about not having any knitting news.

I bought this kit at Coldwater Collaborative. (Designed by Arnhild) These are traditional Norwegian mittens that suggest I use US size 0 needles. Do these even exist!? Yes. They do. And I'm not really looking forward to knitting with toothpicks, but I paid for the kit and I'm going to make these.
Peace Out!




8 comments:

knitting elephant said...

Thank you for the humor today! It was desperately needed! I can't wait to see the mittens when they're done!

Guinifer said...

OK, your kids are so darn cute. Even if there mom was making some questionably shaped pastries! Are you sure Leo wasn't piddling in that picture? That posture looked suspicious. I've knit socks on 00's - they hurt, but the socks are swell. I've never done colorwork, I love how it looks! Keep us posted on it!

marit said...

Preeeettttyyy cold!!!
Nice to have a baking day with Grandma- and kleinur is good!
Happy holidays:-)

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't want to hear that it was 78 degrees here today in Birmingham. I'm ready for the cooler weather again. It is a miracle we aren't all sick going from the 40's to the 70's in a weeks time frame.

Stay Warm!!

PJS said...

You'd better whip out those zero's and get clicking.... looks freezing! Have to say, I dont envy knitting with toothpicks, my fingers ache when I knit with 2.75 mm and I do that reluctantly.

You'r kids look so sweet, christmas time is so much fun for them. It's nice for adults too, but there is something missing for us that the kids have got.

Your pastries are brilliant... :)

PJ x

Kathleen said...

Looks like a postcard Christmas, from the view out your window (with the reindeer ornament). The snow is so beautiful! It's hard to get into the Christmas spirit here when it's summertime!

Anonymous said...

Seriously?? I can't believe you posted those "donuts" on your blog!

You need a PG-13 rating, at least!!

They belong in some kind of kinky adult store and I can't stop laughing.

Your adoring sister

Anne Marie said...

Ohhh I look forward to see how your norwegian mittens look like! If you get bitten by the mitten-virus I recomend you to visit the blog of "Strikkeguri", she is knitting mittens non-stop these days and in beautiful patterns.