Monday, June 2, 2008

Glory Be!

Our first hot day of summer is here without the humidity. The family enjoyed a joyous weekend of frivolous play and, yes - swimming.

"Was the water warm enough?"

Heck no! These are hardy northern kids who will jump in any lake as soon as the ice is out.

Leo continually flopped himself down in the stinking swamp in the back, there. So we hauled out the old Kmart pool, filled it up and he adopted it as his own backyard oasis.

Good boy. Now, STAY!

I splurged (again) and bought myself my FIRST CHERRY TREE HILL YARN!! This lovely little ditty will be knit to the tune of "Garden Path" by Wendy Knits, thanks to the never-ending inspiration of Neuroknitter.

And for some instant knitting FO gratification, I am whipping out a bunch of these dish cloths for a cousin who is gettin' hitched. I'll throw them in a lasagna pan that I bought them. (it's ok, he doesn't read my blog)

Yarn (Sugar'n Cream)
needles: US 7 but anything will work
Pattern (I think my grandma taught me this): co 4
k2, yo, knit to end of row
k2, yo, knit to end of row
do this until your dish cloth is as wide as you'd like
DECREASE:
k1, k2tog, yo, k2tog, knit to end of row
k1, k2tog, yo, k2tog, knit to end of row
do this until 4 stitches remain, cast off.

So fast and easy.

8 comments:

Guinifer said...

Look at that crazy ol' square head on that boy! Our new boy is back up at Captain's larnin' how t'hunt. We had to miss the cabin this weekend because of our nephew's graduation - but we're taking a long weekend next weekend.

Senja said...

Yay! warm weather is finally here too, we had a water fight yesterday:) Love the Cherry Tree Hill, Mmmmm.

livnletlrn said...

My dau's favorite handknit socks are made of that exact colorway of Cherry Tree Hill. They've been darned twice so far because of all the love they've rec'd! Just beware that the red will bleed a bit in the first few washings -- don't toss a white shirt in the same load -- but otherwise, we love the CTH yarn. Enjoy!

We'll be camping next weekend, for the first time this summer (prev. trip canceled because of bad weather, my rotten cold, and car problems!) -- can't wait.

Neuroknitter said...

Mwahahahaha!

The Cherry Tree Hill yarn is yummy!! That red is outstanding! It will make bee-u-tiful GP socks!! You go girl!

marit said...

Your kids semm just like mine-LOL! Cold? Nahhh, they answer, shivering!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay for good weather!!! Love that pretty red yarn too!!

What a great idea for a wedding gift..love those dishcloths!

Hope this next weekend is just as nice (I know...its only Wednesday, but I'm already looking forward to the weekend!).

Leslie said...

Summer fun...so great! The CTH yarn is beautiful.

Sonja said...

Hey, who's getting married? Any of our mutual cousins?? I haven't had a family update from anyone (read: Stephanie!) in quite a while!