Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Happy Day Socks.

I was inspired by this sweater (Schmeebot)to travel back in time - the the days of Mork and Mindy; roller skates with pom poms; Brady Bunch reruns; Love Boat and Gilligan's Island after school; smelly stickers and grape Bubbalicious gum. I'm sitting under a tree wearing these socks, reading a Judy Blume book. . . a time when rainbows ruled the fashion world of an 11 year old girl.





Knit Picks Sock Blank dyed with Kool-aid for my Happy Day Socks that I want to start soon ... very soon.

11 comments:

Bertha said...

Ooh, these are going to be so fun!

Neuroknitter said...

I heart, heart, heart this post!!! I love the colors, the pictures, but most of all the opportunity to remember the good 'ol days of Mork and Mindy, etc.! Thank you!!!

I can't wait to see the socks!!!

Knit on...quickly :)

Senja said...

What cute sock blanks! I am intrigued by the sock blank idea. Seems like fun! Happy summer!

wildtomato said...

Good going on the dye job! I love (fleeting) smell of Kool-Aid dyed yarn. Can't wait to see your FO.

Guinifer said...

I can't wait to see the socks! (And? Nanu, nanu.)

marit said...

Hi! I'll ask a stupid question...what's a sock blank??? Do you dye a pice of knitted fabric and then unravel it and knit socks out of it? The colours remind me of a rainbow:-)
Also-what do you think of "my sister's keper"? I just read it,and it made me think. I think it raises some important issues.

knitting elephant said...

yum! I can't wait to see them all knit up!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Koolaid has never looked so fun!! Those socks are going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I totally remember drawing rainbows all the time!

Anonymous said...

I love the rainbow colors! They will be so much fun to wear.

But, I don't get it. It's not yarn, so what do you do now?

Heather said...

OMG! That looks like SO MUCH FUN! I am going to KP to make an order TONIGHT!!!!

:O)