Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Calorimetry

I took a break from the regular car knitting schedule - yes, I knit when I drive.  It's the only way I can sneak in my daily fiber supplement.  When I come to a complete stop at a stoplight, I'll very cautiously knit a few stitches here and there, being careful not to let the driver next to me see my crime. 

Anyway, my kiddo here, wanted a funky hat, so I whipped out a Calorimetry with some fabu yarn that I won from Karoline Knits (thanks Karoline!).

I actually told this little punk to just act normal so I could get a decent picture.  That makes about as much sense as me asking the birds not to sing or the rain to fall up instead of down.  So that's the photo shoot.

Specs on Ravelry.

11 comments:

livnletlrn said...

that's pretty funny. I often ask jesse to pretend to be normal when I'm taking his pic. He tries to smile, but it always looks like he's in pain. Hey, you take what you can get and love 'em anyway, right?

Tonyia said...

She has amazing eyebrows. What an expressive young woman!

Gorgeous knitting, too!

wildtomato said...

That's too funny! I'd be afraid that I'd do something to rat myself out... Like sit there and knit as the light turned green.

Guinifer said...

Those eyebrows are GORGEOUS. (the hat is cute too.)

Heidelweiss said...

She is too adorable! Her face is so expressive (and sassy!). The calorimetry is fab as well :).

PJS said...

wow...i am impressed at your dedication.... knitting while you drive....if only there were more traffic lights on my route!!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Love the photo shoot of the beautiful girl! It's so expressive. The hat is very cool too :-)

Anonymous said...

on way home, have been checking on family while away thru your blog. miss all, home soon--mom

Neuroknitter said...

Love the redecoration of the blog!! You knew I would with all the leaf action!! :)

Great photoshoot!

True confession: I'm a car knitter, too!! I've pushed the limits to 5-10 mph though...shhhh, don't tell. :)

Leslie said...

That tree is gorgeous! And so is the hat...love the colors!

Anne Marie said...

I am stunned and laghing out loud: you knit in the car??? That is a first. How many red lights can you encounter during a drive? And for hoe long does you red lights stay red? :-)

Hillarious!

By the way, you punk must be the cutest little punk I have seen for a loooong time!