Friday, August 17, 2012

Crochet Frosting

Thank you for your gentle suggestions for me to get over myself.  I have an iPhone and iPad an a teeny tiny iBrain so I'll start posting pictures.  It was suggested by my good friend "Anonymous" that I have it repaired.  That's a great idea but not only am I a Knitter with a capital K, but I'm also Lazy.  We'll see.  I may get desperate.

Here is what I've been working on:

I have a family room that is all beige and pale yellow.  Snore.  It needed a little color, so along with the Ripple blanket from hell, I am going to be so crafty and cover these cheap IKEA pillows with crochet frosting.  I mean, look at it.  Isn't she a beaut?  The other side will have a different color scheme and stitch pattern.  Haven't decided yet.  It has to be painless and mindless.

If you're still JUST a knitter, I highly recommend you buy yourself a hook and start covering stuff in your home with crocheted yarn.  It's therapeutic. 



4 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Ooh, a picture. A bright and colorful picture! Much better.

Harpa J said...

Yes, it's beautiful! And I'm sure a little colour is good for the soul.

Linda said...

Oohh, I love crocheting "granny squares"! These are beautiful colors! Btw, Rani, I used to clean my own fleece when I first started spinning (couldn't afford prepared wool). It is quite a job! You'll get some of the debris out when you card it, otherwise, you just have to pick it out as you spin. Aaarrgghhh! Now I only spin prepared, bought, rovings or batts. Will never go back. I get the "willies" when I walk past raw wool for sale at fiber festivals! Ewwweee.

PJS said...

Looking good! I love the colours :)

I find crochet therapeutic too.... something mindless about it and i find you get results quickly which is always a bonus!


PS....My wee Nadia May arrived on the 13th of May this year.... very happy :))