Tuesday, March 20, 2007

GAHHH! It's finally done!


Well, it's done. That Noro Scarf I've been working on is DONE! It's for my sister-in-law's birthday - which is tomorrow! Good timing, you may think. But she's in Germany right now, which means her birthday gift will have to be a bit late. Now I have two left-over-not-quite-complete skeins of this beautiful yarn and don't know what to do with it. Perhaps make some little Christmas Jolasveinar men (the pattern calls them Norwegian Nisse, but my peeps come from mostly Iceland). It's also a great way to use up wine corks - of which I have a lot. But what about all my beer bottle caps . . . hmmmm.

Anyway, I'll congratulate myself for finishing this scarf and send myself a comment, since I discovered that writing a knitting blog is really not such a new idea. Apparently there are thousands and thousands of them. And, I might add, much more interesting than mine, from what I've seen so far. sigh.

Size 9 or 10 needles - 4 skeins Noro (I used Noro garden silk), stockinette stitch - two rows each skein alternating. It's about 4.5 inches wide and I only made mine about 3.5 feet long. You can use two skeins but it will be a tad short and none left for tassles. Also, I would recommend double-pointed or circular because I hate having to sew up the side. I found this wonderful scarf idea here, and Saartje has pictures of other Noro scarves that she's completed.

2 comments:

Rani said...

Well done RANI!!! WHOO HOOOOO! Sincerely,
RANI

Guinifer said...

Beautiful scarf.