Wednesday, March 7, 2007

One Sock . . .


I did it! My first sock. I saw this sock at Knit Wits and bought the yarn/pattern and there you go! Not perfect, but it fits and it's comfortable . . . and cute. The heel stitches are goofy because I was still using my old way of knitting (the wrong way). And I bound off on the outside of the sock because I couldn't figure out how to turn the sock inside out with the needles still attached (and I was too lazy to take the needles off). I'm already onto my second sock. I know what my poor family and friends will be getting for Christmas 2007!

The Noro scarf length was finished, but I'm not happy with it. So I went and bought two more skeins and I'm going to knit another foot. If I make this again, I'll do this on double pointed or round needles. Size 9 or 10 and about 35-40 stitches. I already bound it off, so I'll have to unravel it a bit and hopefully not goof it up too much. We'll see. It's really pretty, but the yarn is expensive . . . and 4 skeins? I don't know if I'd do this one again unless someone buys the yarn for me. It's fun to knit because the colors are so awesome and you never know what combination you'll get.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog... I really like yours, too! I love the sock. Fun colors! Look up the kitchener stitch (grafting on stockinette) and your toes will be gorgeous and it is all done from the outside. It looks confusing on paper, but worth it.
BTW, I haven't ever met anyone from Minnesota that I didn't like. :)