Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's ssssssso cute.


This snake scarf was so fun to knit because it's entirely brainless. . . perfect for us beginner people. And the yarn was so fun and yummy. And my solution to the problem: Will my 6 year old out-grow it by next fall? - is ok because my tomboy girl (4) loves it. Phew. Anyway, there it lies, drying on my ironing board (that's L at the end). I have to crochet a little tongue and attach felt eyes and voila!

Beside this scarf, I am almost out of things to talk about. Knitting projects, that is. Since I overspent the last time I went "knitting" at the local knit shop, now I have to wait until the middle of April to start (buy) anything major . . . which will be a bathrobe for my big kid. I know! A bathrobe! But it's so darn cute and he actually requested it. . . (I've heard this
somewhere before). It's from Linda Guy's And So To Bed . . . book.

PROBLEM #1: I've never knit a sweater PROBLEM #2: The size in the book only goes to 4-5 and my 8 year old is in 10-12 (nordic genes) I'm hoping that the lovely lady, from whom I will buy all 100 skeins of wool for this project, will lovingly size my chart for me. (insert smiley face)

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh, Great Snake!
and talk about pouring on the love... a whole bathrobe?!?!? better make it a 14 so he can get xtra good use out of it! Good luck!

Unknown said...

The snake scarf is a little creepy looking. Nell still wants her Lambie!