Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Supporting J.K. Rowling . . . oh, and the Troops

I'm not ashamed to admit that beyond all that's going on in the world, what glued me to my chair last night while waiting for the evening news, was the tag for the new Harry Potter book cover, just released. I'm fully aware of how pathetic that is, but there you are.

And since I have no new pictures of my knitting because the only progress made has been more inches on the green snake scarf, I will instead share the new US cover of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

By the way, we are actually at war. Ok, well we're not, but our troops are. And some of our military service men and woman have requested slippers and hats. PERFECT for us knitters (and closet crocheters, achem). The Minnesota Knitters Guild is currently doing this project. But you can by-pass them and go straight to the project website. There are plenty of quick patterns. I've included links to my two favorites. Hat or Lopi Slippers.

The snake scarf is so darn cute and almost done. It's for my 6 year old, L - but here's the clincher. He'll be 7 and in 2nd grade by the time it's cold enough to wear it. I think he may become too cool for it by then. Sniff.

2 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

I'm so jealous of all these knitting blogs I come acrossed. I would really like to learn but I have no patience. I love that you can make useable things to donate to people. (And your work is lovely.)

I'm excited about the new Harry Potter book, too - though I won't get my hands on it for many months since I rely on the library for my reading needs. LOL.

Nell said...

Hi Rani! Thank for your kind comments on my needle roll! I have a few for sale at my etsy shop. There is a link to it on my blog or the address is

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5058679

Or, email me at the address on my blog.

I'm really looking forward to HP7 too!!

Nell x